[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello all, I have just been informed that I will have to self-isolate for 10 days via track and trace. This also applies for my mother who suffers from frontotempral dementia, meaning she is not able to attend her day care for the next 10 days. I anticipate this being hugely challenging as one of he...
I am a carer for my 57 year old mother who has frontotemporal dementia. Her condition had progressed rapidly in the last year and I feel like there is no end in sight. The thought of this being the sum of my existence for the next 5-10 years fills me with absolute dread. I am 24- I want my own life....
Hi all, wondering if anyone has experienced a similar situation and knows of any ways to ease it. My mum (56) has frontal temporal dementia, which was diagnosed October last year. We’ve seen lots of changes in her behaviour and appearance, especially being joined at the hip given the lockdown circum...
Thank you for your responses. She has frontal temporal dementia and was only diagnosed in October so doctors are still investigating, looking for a second opinion etc. However she had a stroke in 2016 and her family has a history of MND (both her mother and maternal uncle suffered from it), so those...
My Mum (56) suffers from dementia and hasn’t understood the restrictions regarding the lockdown. One of the symptoms of her dementia is extreme restlessness to the point where she would (under normal circumstances) want to go out to various locations (the supermarket, the high street, on the train t...
Thank you for your replies. Things have been moving very rapidly since her diagnosis and the care has been arranged to begin this week. To be honest when we were told it would be 40 hours I felt completely overwhelmed at the thought of her spending that long with someone she doesn’t know. Today was ...
My mum was recently diagnosed with Dementia at the age of 56 and I have been sharing caring responsibilities with my Dad. Due to COVID I have been working from him so have been with her 24/7 since the start of the pandemic, but my Dad works shift work so is not home all the time. The council have ar...