[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Having a very bad day. My child was supposed to be at a friends and she has gone missing and my husband is looking at me as if he really hates me. I can't take the strain of caring for her and worrying about what she is up to/doing to herself any more.
It is just good to know other people are out there who understand. I can handle everything but the lonliness and the abuse I get from my daughter. She ran away to a mates house for two nights this week claiming I was always tellig her to leave and then refused tocome back unless I bought her cigaret...
You have made the first step in coming on here and you must not feel ashamed at wanting a break from it all. You will feel guilty but you also need to look after yourself. Are you registered as your mother's carer at your GP surgery ? Keep talking on here and people will help you. You are not alone ...
Thanks for your reply ! We have support inplace for my daughter and the school are very good but as per usual it is the parent taking the strain. It is pointless going back to the GP about me as I have already been referrred, assessed and put on a long waiting list and even my daughters attempt on h...
Hello, My heart goes out to you. I have a thirteen year old with very similar issues and my experiences sound very similar to yours apart from mine is on the same household as me and I am the mother not the father. My daughter often does not want to know me and shuts me out. Also the explosive tempe...
Thanks for replying ! The GP here is really hard to get to see and when you do, there is one who you often get who has no empathy whatsoever. I was referred by a kindly nurse practitioner to adult mental health last year but after an initial appt they put me on a waiting list and even when I was des...
I care for a 13 year old daughter who has depression and self harms. When she was 12 she took an overdose and she cuts herself every now and again. She has mood swings and can go from being fine one minute to hurling abuse at me the next. For a long time she wouldn't talk to anyone including the men...
Hello, when I read your post my heart went out to you as I too have a 16 year old son with similar mental health issues who just wants to stop everything and stay home.(. I have a daughter of 13 who suffers from depression quite badly too). I can really identify with what you are going through and w...