[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
A 45% of carers were using their savings to manage their monthly expenses. B Not only does this reduce financial resilience, it significantly impacts their ability to plan for the future and to have the money they need for retirement" I'm not sure if B ,from the second sentence onwards) was somethi...
If you get the virus and end up in hospital, you'll also end up having lots more medication than one simple shot in the arm! Not really supportive to speak to someone who's unsure about having the vaccination in that manner. Plenty of people who are fully vaccinated and boosted are still getting CO...
Has your Mum had a social services assessment by a Social worker? I would also contact the elderly psychiatry ( memory clinic) . Tell them your Mum was previously a patient and she's deteriorated since they discharged her. Tell him/ her you want a re referral to elderly psychiatry. A lot will depend...
Awful situation. The local authority has a Duty of care to provide social care for someone who's been assessed as having care needs. You don't say if there is a care package in place already, or of your friend is caring for him alone? Your friend should call social services and say they want to rais...
Oh my goodness, I did not realise that!! That is such helpful advice, thank you! I thought the cut off for that though was 50 years old and I am 49 (50 in August)? I think it might be enough to change the key safe number to something no one would think of or maybe take the key out. No one else has ...
It's frightening to read some of these posts. What to do when someone won't admit or is totally unaware of their needs and has no concept of risk and what's "acceptable" or the social norm regarding cleanliness etc? I'm thinking it's women more than men My mother doesn't like me or carers doing anyt...
Need some advise please for a friend. She is the main carer for her husband who has dementia. She has had a fall and broken an arm. Discharged same day from hospital straight back home and expected to resume her carers role. GP doesn’t seem bothered, social services “ will get back to you” WHAT on ...
Remind the council that "assessed needs must be met". Both parents have assessed needs and SSD must arrange alternative carers! There must be special provision within the plan for if and when mum rejects care. Buy a Ring doorbell for them so you know times of arrival and departure. Charging for car...
Hi everyone Just wanted to highlight something that people may not be aware of as we certainly weren't! My dad is 89 with a diagnosis coming up to year ago. Deteriorated physically and mentally throughout lockdown, as has my 85 yr old Mum. He now walks with a zimmer indoors (hip fracture 3 yrs ago),...
So sorry you're stuck in this mess. I assume you live with your Mum? I think you've hit the nail on the head when you say that as long as you're there , they won't do anything, but it sounds like you couldn't move out because of the cats, or could you take them with you? At the meeting I would ask f...