[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi; Update: He has been in and out of hospital for cluster seizures over the las month. A NHS nurse was due to come out and complete a CHC assesemnt a few days ago. (Social worker had completed the check list previously). I received a phone call from his social worker one day prior to his appointmen...
Hi all; Adult Care has agreed to do the CHC assessment checklist . They did say it is very hard to get CHC funding. A few other issues that have come up: (hoping someone can answer/advise) The brokerage firm said that the hours cannot be used for night time and that the council don't do night time c...
Hi, welcome to the forum and i'm sorry to hear about your family member. My wife has severe epilepsy and she has seizures most days, as you say though the side-effects can be just as difficult to cope with. In our case we have a support package in place by Adult Social Care which has worked really ...
Has his consultant exhausted all meds/ med combinations, to control his seizures any better? He has been on different combo's every 6 months. He has taken some of the epilepsy medications in the past for his mental health problems so maybe he is just use to some of them. The seizure itself isn't th...
Have a look at the "CHC Framework" on the internet. I have seen the framework and the checklists but think the initial issue is getting that checklist done. Think they are just reluctant in doing one just to save money or maybe becuase of his age but I will ring the CCG tomorrow and see what they s...
Definitely get the CHC Assessment done, it is the responsibility of a HEALTH worker, not a member of Social Services staff, to do. Sorry to sound stupid here but I know who his social worker is but no idea if he even has an health worker and not sure what one is. Is his health worker his nuerologis...
Thank you for the response. The usual maximum is four care visits a day often lasting 30 minutes each, but sometimes an hour - however - the number of care hours allocated should be based on needs and not on what is usual. Have you seen the care assessment and care plan? Is it a fair and accurate re...
Hi; I have been reading this forum for the last few weeks and it has been very helpful. I have some questions and was wondering if anyone here could help me. I care for a family member who has epilepsy (approx twice a week). After a seizure he becomes paraylsed on one side (Todds paralysis) and is b...