[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My mum was always saying she could manage without carers but she couldn't. When I had major surgery, she finally realised shouldn't. After a short time, she looked forward to their visits, hearing about what they were doing with their families etc! Maybe it would help you both to have another perso...
Hi Peter, I'm sorry to hear about your Mum. Very traumatic. If you want to talk it through, (I know you said talking doesn't help, but just in case) then here is a link for support for those who have lost someone to Covid https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/social-distancing/bereavem...
Hi Peter, It sounds like life isn't getting any easier for you. What is the situation now regards your Mum, is she still in hospital? What about your wife? Is she letting the care workers do more for her? Have you spoken to your counsellor about how you are feeling? Sorry for all the questions. I h...
Any other carers have suicidal thoughts, and what did you do to overcome them?
Hi Peter, I'm sorry to hear about your partner and that you are also juggling your Mum's care. Cutting and tearing off a nightdress is most definitely not normal! Goodness. I would be wanting an investigation. Melly1 Yes thanks for replying I though so but just wanted to get people's reactions befo...
Hi I am a carer for my partner who had a Stroke at the start of covid, it's been a horrible time and I don't know how I am still here (honestly) I have also been trying to look after my mom who has carers to help her she has dementia, over the last couple of weeks it has got realy bad and the carers...
Peter I totally understand it’s so horrible a life changing experience such a quick blow, I’m 53 my husband is 63 he had a really severe stroke last year I’m his full time carer parent as you put it it’s horrible, no help very isolated I exactly know were you are coming from x I too am 53 my partne...
Delily wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:36 am
Hello,
Yes exactly it really does help, it’s a proper lonely place to be
It is a lonely place, all my thoughts are selfish ones! :unsure:
Peter, please don’t feel selfish your not on your own I feel just the same, and yes we are not allowed to grieve no one to open up and totally be honest with, it’s lovely to be able to talk to you all, your all so very strong and experienced at caring, thanks so much for advice I am going to look i...
Peter You are far from selfish! I grieved for my pre stroke/ dementia relationship with my husband. I know relationships change over the years, but not the change you I and many others expect!! Don't beat yourself up about your feelings. You are entitled to them. Can you access the stroke society a...