[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks for your replies everyone. What you have said totally makes sense.
Social services have told us that mum will need residential care and that will cover her needs which are ‘severe cognitive impairment and memory loss’ rather than dementia. This conclusion was reached after they spent an hour with mum. However we have been through the first stage of the NHS CHC proc...
Mum is currently in a nursing home paid for by NHS after a short stay in hospital. Future care is currently being reviewed. Out of the blue we were contacted by NHS continuing healthcare who want to do a complete review. Any one have any experience of this process and how they interact with social s...
I guess she is now in an environment where she is supported, fully hydrated and nourished. Otherwise, nothing.
Mum previously lived alone, with morning carers, in rented accommodation. The hospital sent her to the nursing home as they didn’t think it was safe for her to be at home. She had no memory that she had a carelink alarm. Mum is 90 years old.
What best to do? Mum has been in a nursing home for the past five weeks. She was placed there by the NHS following a short stay in hospital. While she has been there she has had a care assessment by the local authority who only spoke to her on the phone as the nursing home is in lockdown. As a resul...
Dear all, Mum is currently in a nursing home, placed there after a short hospital admission. Prior to that she was at home with a myriad of different carers. This admission I see as the crisis that was always going to happen. Next week we begin the process that is planning for mums care going forwar...
Thank you all for your comments. I really appreciate your taking the time to read and reply.
Hi everyone I don’t suppose my issues are new, but they are to me and I sorely need some of your thoughts. My mum is 90 years old. She has been suffering with memory loss which has become substantially worse over the past year. She doesn’t have a diagnosis beyond mild cognitive impairment but that w...