[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I will remain forever an unpaid carer due to the system that qualifies you for Carers Allowance. In a previous chat I said that my wife will not commit to signing her Attendance Allowance form due to her feeling that it is demeaning to her and that it is a way to get her back into a Mental Health ho...
Was interested to note that Ed Davey (Liberals) set out in his inauguration to leadership of the Liberals that caring was very high on his agenda. We also have the media commenting on the impact of COVID on mental health and, as an Ex Serviceman, I am seeing a mobilisation of action in support of th...
I came across Mobilise at this weekends Carers Fair on line and am a fan already. Not only having a sharing forum through Facebook, the Daily Tea Rooms give you the opportunity to chat and share needs. Additionally, which I found at the fair, they offer coaching which is very inclusive of levels. I ...
Happy for you that you have reached your desired destination. In this caring game, I'm sure we all have daily soul searching and poor me moments. I have well meaning family members, who in trying to big me up, sow the seed of change when they say they would have walked by now. I love my wife, but ha...
The wife is a pensioner and I am now retired but only 60. So although I wish her to be well, I have 6 years ahead of me if she isn't. I am going to put a new blank form in front of her and coax her to fill it in herself. Although if she chooses to 'go soft' with her answers and we do not qualify - I...
I am my wife's carer and obviously to be counted as a carer fiscally, she needs to be on Attendance Allowance. My wife has Depression and Psychosis and since she was sent home on a Community Treatment Order in December, her care has been in my hands. Obviously, there is no question that I would not ...
I certainly know where you are at with a partner with Psychosis. My wife was convinced I was recording her, filming her and people talking about her. This had started months before her mental health issues and suicide attempt had occurred but assumed at the time to be the meds. She tried suicide and...
Home Treatment is a laugh. A fortnightly Depot injection and a once in a blue moon OT contact does not turn a depressive psychotic around, it just converts the carer into a depressant too.
Even after my wife attempted suicide (the Golden Ticket) the mental health team were trying to send her home with me. It was when I told them that she was convinced I was filming her and that people around her were talking about her that we got her admitted. Problem is that most elderly wards have a...
Professionally the subject has not been broached. Emotionally, the subject has not been considered and I stay by my marriage vows. Siblings, family and friends are at odds with themselves with what to do. I presume I show an in control, compassionate and loving front to them. They see a lady infrequ...