[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks folks. Bowlingbun She owns the house. Interesting about council tax.
HI folks, My Mum has Vascular dementia after a stroke and no longer has mental capacity. No POA is in place so we would need Court of Protection application for us to control finances. This may take some months to get. If we need to pay for home care in the interim how does this work. We don’t reall...
Hi folks, I have a mother with dementia. She’s currently living in the family home she owns being looked after by my 2 brothers. They are aged 54 & 56 so not in scope of mandatory disregard. Does anyone have a view on the following? 1) If she needs to go into care I’m wondering is there any chance o...
Thanks folks. Really appreciate your input.
Thanks bowlingbun. Appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks Bowlingbun for your comment. The points you are raising are more long term considerations if we thought we could care for her in the house with outside help. I don't think that is an option at the moment. The house has not been maintained properly for decades hence no hot water. Pretty soon s...
How old is mum, your brothers? 81 and just about able to walk. Brothers 54 & 56 so house means tested. Does mum own or rent her house? Owns - house worth £180000 at a push. House needs work doing as no hot water. Does she have over £23,000 in savings? She has some but not sure how much. Is she getti...
Hi folks, I have a mother with vascular dementia. She owns a house in which my 2 brothers live. They are her carers. They have reached the point where they are no longer prepared to care for her, or can provide suitable care. She cannot cook, barely wash and dress. She is declining mentally and phys...