[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi I am carer to my husband who is extremely vulnerable and have been for nearly 30 years now. I have recently been requested to return to my bar job but been told that I am unable to wear a mask. They are now trying to force me to resign. I would love to hear your thoughts on this as I can't seem ...
Mum probably knows that if he divorced her, she'd get nothing! Has he made a will? If they divorced then she'd get half the assets I think, no sure.. but if he dies then she'll get his pension I suppose.. well it definitely makes sense for her not to divorce him now! She would never come back to li...
You hadn't said it was owned jointly before. I would suggest that YOU consulted a solicitor even if dad won't to establish the legal position. Sorry I didn't make that clear. It's a weird situation , they both own it but my mum hasn't lived in the house for at least 6 years. She couldn't ever bring...
My dad doesn't like solicitors, he spent most of his life writing complaints letter to them over petty issues, they even offered him money to sort out the issues but he refused and kept complaining, thinking he could change the system. He'd rather do that than spend time with us as kids. So he doesn...
bowlingbun wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:26 am
Arrange for a solicitor to visit dad asap.
My brother died suddenly, don't leave it or you will regret it!
I will do, thank you for all your advice!
If you don't stick up for yourself no one else will. I would suggest dad leaves the house to YOU in recognition of your care, or else leaves it jointly to you and your siblings, in trust so you can stay there forever, then it's divided up equally. I'm in the process of putting the bottom half of my...
I've now lost seven close much loved relatives, know far more than I ever wanted to. Since mum isn't living with him, to me she has forfeited any right to be involved in what you do, or don't do. Once mum has inherited everything she can do what she likes with it. If she wanted to spend every penny...
Continuing Healthcare ((CHC) will arrange and pay for all the care dad needs, either at home or in a nursing home. My brother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in December, died suddenly 6 months later. You need to think which funeral director to use in advance, find out charges at very least. D...
Unfortunately as cancer spreads it may affect intellectual capacity. I certainly saw this with dad, a top government scientist. If dad wants you to care for him, he should give you a share of his house as you gave up your flat. Is he helping you financially claiming Attendance Allowance. Do you kno...
Hi Katherine, This does sound very unfair. No wonder you're fed up! Have you spoken to your dad about your situation?? If not then that is the first thing to do. Basically you have been too good! Katherine you need to get tough here, for your own sake. Please start thinking about yourself. It seems...