[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My son with learning difficulties now lives in a flat with carer support, but I still have lots to do for him. Every so often I go away for a week, off to Devon soon. Self catering, so I can get up and go to bed when ever I want. It's the only time I feel totally "free". My sewing machine comes too...
Thanks guys for taking the time to reply! I really appreciate it. Its good to be able to talk to people who are going through or have went through similar stuff. Totally get what your saying Susie...at first when I would say to my person no i cant hear it, she used to get peed off and look at me as ...
Hey.... Just wondered if anyone else has experienced/witnessed a person with dementia hearing sounds that arent there? The person i care for hears a man singing morning, noon and night. She says he sings her name and loads of other things and claims “hes a rare singer” lol... It doesnt cause her any...
Not really, surely you are joint carees? The general definition is that you are a carer if looking after someone is having a significant effect on your own life. Time for a rethink? You both need a holiday now and then to recharge the batteries. If you love someone enough to care for 50 weeks a yea...
For goodness sake, dementia for 6 years and no Attendance Allowance, of course she is entitled to it!! This needs following up. Why was the blue badge turned down?? I've been involved with this sort of things, both for work and personally, over a 40 year period. Someone I knew was a double amputee,...
What age is your caree? How long has she had dementia? When did she last have a Social Services Assessment, and you, a Carers Assessment? Is she claiming Attendance Allowance and exemption from Council Tax? Hey, She is 87 and had dementia for about 6 years now. I’m sure she has exemption from counc...
Hey, To all of you who are caring for someone with dementia you are amazing! U May or may not need to hear it just now but u are doing a great job hang on in there! At the moment I feel like my patience is running thin on the ground. I look after someone and have done for the last 5 years with vascu...
Hey, The person I care for has had vascular dementia for the last four years. Over this time she has had episodes similar to what you have described. She was sleeping almost for days at a time but it seemed like for most of the time she wasn't really sleeping deeply. She was constantly talking and m...
The more help you have, the longer the loved one can stay at home. If someone doesn't have over £23,000 in savings, then SSD will pay some or all of the costs of caring. £400 a week might sound a lot, but residential in my area costs £1,000 - £1,500 per week. So make it clear that you want to conti...
Hello .. this is my very first time on any site ... I felt I needed to express my thoughts with others who would understand . My dad was diagnosed with vascular dementia just last year since then he has gone Down hill very quickly in my eyes , and with each thing it was an over night drop . He can ...