[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hallo, while I joined last year I spend more time reading the forum than joining in so thought it about time I said hallo. I am a full time carer for my elderly immobile mother, I don`t live with her but she needs someone with her until bedtime as she forgets she cannot walk and tries to get up so i...
When my wife had re-ablement care, this was provided free by the LA, but had we chosen to continue to use their services and pay for it, it would have come from the same organisation. We had a folder which the carers used to note any issues, (such as pressure sores etc.), this folder also contained...
Thank You very much Melly1, that helps a lot as I wasn`t even sure if it would be Social Services or the Council who pay for most of her care. Once mum was set up with a care company we have had no contact with anyone except for invoices for her contribution to the care hence me not having a clue, s...
Hallo everyone could I just ask a quick question please. My mother has carers provided for her by the Local Authority, she contributes but the bulk is paid for by the LA. Mum was given no choice in care providers which I understand is normal if the caree do not have the means to pay for care but wou...
So sorry to read about your poor Grandad, I am glad you are gaining some comfort from the fact the staff are taking great care of him. Very best wishes to you and your family.
I feel the same way Norman, I am starting to feel it would be safer if my mother was in a care home rather than having carers coming and going, the high turn over of staff within the care company means there are new carers appearing every few weeks. Care at home seems to have been been forgotten abo...