[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Admin, hope this is ok to post this here, please advise or remove if not... For anyone who doesn't know how hard it is to be a lowly paid live in carer to family.. see the responses on this link. (But I am guessing anyone on this page knows all about this!) I still don't get what Healthwatch are sup...
Bernadette, my father was going to be discharged under End of Life in November (after the cut off date), I also was told he would have SIX WEEKS paid for care (he is over the £23,000 savings limit.) But I had to fight for even three!! (I got it extended to four in the end, then we had to go private....
Thank you Pet.. will read and absorb. Yes Penny - exactly!! Sadly I think since my return (as the dutiful daughter!) Said cleaner has had their nose put out of joint and is making it hard for me.. and my father TBH. I think it is all a case of what are his needs.. over his wants (As BB succinctly pu...
Umm BB, the GP has had to deal with her on/off over the past 5 years in my absence.. he also said the practice manager is 'well aware of her.' I keep erring to the good side of things, that she has tried to get the best for my father, but yes, it does all sound a bit strange to an outsider! The plot...
Thanks BB and Pet, She has said WE are her bubble... I.e she insists that her workplace is not a bubble.. (I am going to check on this.) I know she has a brother and other siblings, but I think she has only met them outside, when we were NOT in lockdown. She now tells me (today) that she no longer h...
I have 3 x different official, registered, insured professional carers coming in twice a day for my elderly (vulnerable) father. They all use full PPE and no arguments around health and safety! (Plus a district nurse daily, who of course follows full safety protocol!) There is however, a ‘hanger on/...
Thanks BB that is on my list.. for later on. (She is not declaring the money my father gives her for her 'services.') She has not shown me her DBS, self-employed status or carers insurance. Because.. she is not a carer! Just someone who promoted themselves in my fathers time of need... She has 'anot...
Thanks H, that is my next port of call on Monday...
In hand BB ;-) Thanks for the support..
Exactly Pennie! I am worried about this too... My father asked me to arrange a codicil (pre last hospital visit) to make above said carer the beneficiary of a small, but good, cash payment, but NO WAY am I going to do this now! Especially as he also is talking about having this 'carer' (who is telli...