[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks, @sunnydisposition. Yes, I had already seen this guidance but it doesn't mention if the carer can stay away overnight while someone comes in to care for the person you are living with. I guess there's not much difference, but just wondered if anyone in the carer community had a clearer idea.
Hi all, I live with/care for my elderly parents and my sister is planning to come for the weekend to give me some respite. I am lucky enough to have been offered an empty house to go and stay in while my sister stays here and looks after my parents. I presume that this (staying overnight away from y...
Thanks, honey badger. We are talking through the POA again and am hoping that this time Dad will agree.
On the emotional support topic, yes, I could work with a counsellor and have done before during difficult times, but I was also hoping that this forum would be a place where those of us who are going through similar experiences could share our feelings and support each other....
Thanks, Bowlingbun. Just talked to Dad and he still isn't convinced about POA though I've tried to explain why it's so important. He has put all their bank and building society accounts into joint accounts with Mum and has given us - his daughters - the access details and he can't see why this isn't...
Thanks to you both for the advice on POA. I'll talk to both Mum and Dad... and start setting up my own to spare my daughter!
Thanks, Bowlingbun. They're both 88. My Dad gets Attendance Allowance but my Mum is still active and relatively well (though she fell and broke her hip last month!). I do freelance consultancy work and do some voluntary work on a topic that I'm passionate about so I wouldn't be eligible for Carers' ...
I have been trying to find an area of this form that deals with the tragic realities of caring for someone who is simply old. No dementia, no specific health problems, just the inevitable, gradual (though at times more rapid) slide into getting slower, weaker, in more pain, less able to do things, m...
Dad has a pendant. Mum wouldn't be seen dead in one! We do have a carer every morning and Dad isn't insistent on constant attention, it's just that he gets anxious when I go out or am away. But he does understand that I need to sometimes and tries to be brave! 🙂 I think my situation really isn't as ...
Hello, so glad to have found this forum! I'm 59 and caring mainly for my 88yo father who has essential tremor and a host of other problems. We also live with my mother, who, though physically fit and active fo rher age (also 88), is prone to falling (partly because she's so active!). When she fell a...