[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you. I shall look into it.
Thanks for the info. When the Social services do a financial assessment, does it cover finances of the PWD who may be going to a care home, or does it mean both our incomes and savings? What I’m getting at is, for savings do they assess half of what’s in it, or the total? If they only assess my wife...
Thanks Ajay, I was looking more for recommendations from people who had experience of a relative being in one of them. There are so many stories about good and bad places.
Would anyone have any recommendations for a care home in the Pontyclun area, for a PWD so that I could get a weeks break now and then? ( within 5 miles or so )
How long can a person have dementia for? Is it possible to have had a diagnosis twenty-two years ago and still seem to be almost normal?
Hi Pet66, the quote at the end of your post is brilliant. Some memories are rolling down my cheeks right now.
HI Katie,
I'm in the same boat with Carers Allowance.
Thanks for the answers. I can cope at the moment, but I will look into help when it gets worse. I wouldn't be happy with people coming in at the moment. Covid has really made things far more difficult in that respect.
Since I last posted I've got AA sorted, and my wife is now exempt from council tax. Took a while, but got there in the end. I'm sick of hearing people whinging on the news, about being fed up with restrictions, they want to try being a carer!!