[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Karen

I think I understand your message as another week looms here. You're not alone - though by God it certainly feels like it sometimes surely. Stay as safe and well as possible.

Love, David
I am new to this forum but this is such an interesting topic as I feel guilty too. I live with my mum, and have done for years now, we have been there for each other so much over the last few years. Until this year when I had to go into hospital, had an operation, recovered and came home by myself ...
Hello and welcome to the forum Dawn I've just started taking citalopram (10mg) because I was feeling very bad with the stress at home. I care for my mum who suffers from Alzheimer's disease. I have been warned that the drug can lower seizure threshold (I have epilepsy) but I feel less of a mess now ...
Hello Paula For once we were provided with a pleasant social worker who's good to talk to. An assistant of hers has visited here three times to give advice on clearing up, etc. and, although there will never be any miracles regarding the domestic situation, I've found these two people good to talk t...
Welcome to the forum KLC My mother's suffered from Alzheimer's disease for over 12 years now and I've not been coping too well mentally myself, the past few years especially. Because I have epilepsy I stopped taking an antidepressant called Citalopram a long while ago and I've found that not only ha...
Good morning and welcome to the forum Jane Social services can be poor with helping out at the best of times but with the virus they seem to have become almost invisible. Three months ago we were promised help here as, and this is completely my fault, the place has become a mess. No help has arrived...
Hello Martine We couldn't get anything but the pads from the district nurse here: utterly useless. And of course, social services couldn't be bothered in lending any weight to the cause. When we had carers one of the women tried doubling the pads but that didn't work. Now I buy the Sainsbury's 'Comf...
Thank you for your encouraging words Trebuchet. Both council and police appear to have been sympathetic, so I'll hope for the best.

Very best wishes, David
sunnydisposition wrote: It's good to hear your complaint is being sympathetically listen too. All sounds positive - good luck.
Thanks sunny. I'm not too optimistic but I'll hope for the best.

Keep well, David
Dear sunnydisposition and bowlingbun Just to let you know that I spoke to the local council and police 101 today. The council can't/won't provide a disabled space here outside the drive but if I call them and an offending vehicle is still present when their team arrives they can either tow it away o...