[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Four years ago, when my mother's incontinence became very noticeable, a district nurse assessed her and recommended TENA Pads. These weren't very helpful, even after doubling them on the advice of a carer. The nurse was called back and my mother was refused anything more suitable. Since then I...
With deepest sympathy Nicholas for your loss.

Welcome to the forum here. I'm trying to care for my mum who is 93 and most of my old anxiety is back, especially social phobia from my youth.

Don't feel like you're whining in any way - it really helps to let things out.

Take care, David
Hi Jean I had a carer's assessment before Christmas and it amounted to nothing really. But I did receive a phone call from our social worker last week who's promised to help me out with the house (quite a mess now). A bit of hope there. Although my mum's Alzheimer's disease causes different behaviou...
Thanks for your kind wishes Cloudygal. All the best to you too.
Well said Cloudygal. The constant daily caring battle itself and the lack of hope brought with this is too frustrating to believe in change, particularly with the Conservatives in.
Belated sympathy Penny. It's impossible to imagine your kind of loss but when I took my mum her supper last night she looked very tired and ill. All my earlier resolve regarding leaving seemed to evaporate. But I don't have any choice really, not now. I'd like to think my sister's behaviour hasn't b...
David I understand what you are saying. It's one thing to mistrust agencies etc, but family is something different. Very emotive word, hate, and it's obviously what you feel. Sad that its come to it. You can't help your feelings. But I think something good has come out of yesterday Pet, certainly s...
David, sounds like taking yourself off to another room was a good plan. I'm fortunate to not have felt such strong dislike of a family member; however I have felt like that about a previous narcissistic boss. Fortunately, I was able to leave and move on, not so easy when the person is family. Melly...
I've disowned some close family members after their behaviour when mum was dying, to the extent that I've said under no circumstances can they benefit in my will. Not hatred, I don't use the word hate, but I feel that they behaved so badly I cannot forgive them. If I outlive my mother I am leaving ...
I still haven't forgiven the nursing home senior nurse, or the manager, for refusing to have some simple training which was offered free,from the hospital, to enable my late husband to return to them. I'm not sure I hate them, definitely hated the situation my family and I were put in, and trust in...