[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Good morning and welcome to the forum Jane Social services can be poor with helping out at the best of times but with the virus they seem to have become almost invisible. Three months ago we were promised help here as, and this is completely my fault, the place has become a mess. No help has arrived...
Hello Martine We couldn't get anything but the pads from the district nurse here: utterly useless. And of course, social services couldn't be bothered in lending any weight to the cause. When we had carers one of the women tried doubling the pads but that didn't work. Now I buy the Sainsbury's 'Comf...
Thank you for your encouraging words Trebuchet. Both council and police appear to have been sympathetic, so I'll hope for the best.

Very best wishes, David
sunnydisposition wrote: It's good to hear your complaint is being sympathetically listen too. All sounds positive - good luck.
Thanks sunny. I'm not too optimistic but I'll hope for the best.

Keep well, David
Dear sunnydisposition and bowlingbun Just to let you know that I spoke to the local council and police 101 today. The council can't/won't provide a disabled space here outside the drive but if I call them and an offending vehicle is still present when their team arrives they can either tow it away o...
Isn't it unlawful to "obstruct" a driveway. Presumably you have a dropped kerb? As mum is disabled, then you clearly need access to the drive for people like the Nurse. Take photos if possible, to show that it's not just a one off, but a regular event. Could you ask the council for a disabled parki...
https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/asb/asb/antisocial-behaviour/disputes-with-neighbours/ Nothing worse than neighbour disputes. Hope the above link maybe of some use. Thank you sunnydisposition. I've just had a quick look through your recommended link and the way I feel about ...
I'd appreciate some advice regarding the next door neighbours and the police please. I've had problems with the old man who lives next to us before and, in spite of the entire road being free, our next door neighbours' relatives have been parking over our driveway. Also, the neighbours themselves ha...
Dear M_and_P

Welcome to the forum from a still active carer.

I'd like to thank you for your own inspiring words. They are much appreciated and I wish both you and your wife a very peaceful next step on your journey.

Take care, from David
Hello Four years ago, when my mother's incontinence became very noticeable, a district nurse assessed her and recommended TENA Pads. These weren't very helpful, even after doubling them on the advice of a carer. The nurse was called back and my mother was refused anything more suitable. Since then I...