[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Ah I see. I know how you feel. I have two brothers and although they are quite good in that they allow us a couple of weeks' holiday a year, they're so far away that they can't do anything practical. They do ring mum if I remind them but they seem to feel now that she's 'mine' to deal with. When I c...
Difficult subject. Mum does make a contribution towards general expenses, food etc, especially since heating costs and water usage have increased significantly. But because she has savings she has to pay £100 per week for her agency care to the County Council. I couldn't expect her to pay any more a...
Mum was living in her own home which has now been sold.
Sounds like a great care home you've found for your mum. That must be such a comfort. I've been looking after mum for about the same time as you have yours. Dad died in 2008 and the dementia kicked in about 2012. Mum was living on her own over in West Wales, just over an hour away, and I ended up sp...
Oh Penny thank you so much for replying. It's so good to know I'm not alone! We've since had the urine test result and mum does actually have a UTI which is a first for her. So she's on antibiotics which I'm sure must have kicked in by now, but it's actually 3.25am here and I've given up on trying t...
Oh jeez .... obviously a common problem!
My wife has been a frequent nocturnal toilet visitor for quite some time, when she had a fall and spent 3 months in hospital she was fitted with an Intra Urethral catheter (and since then she has changed to a Supra Pubic catheter). I have to admit that when she went into hospital having fallen, (sh...
Hi, I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm following all the guidelines! I'd be grateful to hear any other carer's experience with this. My mother is 89 and has dementia. She was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about 3 years ago. Up until now she has been very sweet natured, but all that seems to have chang...