[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
Wow, social services told me to get one, no mention that they could provide one.
Yes. But not sure how that’s relevant?
Hi everyone I have decided to get a gps tracker for my dad. He had a stroke 2 years ago and his memory isn’t good. He keeps thinking he needs to go to the bank or the shops. He has carers who go in 3 times a day and normally my mum would be at home with him to stop him going out. But mum is in hospi...
Hi everyone This is probably a really stupid question but if I ask social services to carry out a care needs assessment on my parents do they have to provide me with a written assessment? I ask because I asked for an assessment last year, it got to the point that the social worker was on side with m...
Hi I’m just sounding off and working through my thoughts as much as asking for advice. My parents live 200 miles from the rest of the family - their choice to move when they retired. They refuse to move back. So I am dealing with this situation long distance and like a lot of people I’m juggling it ...
Just an update - the company called me back and confirmed the docs were forwarded to mum and dad. My plan is to visit - taking precautions to maintain socialdistancing and wearing face covering of course to try to find the docs. 👍
Nikki You are such a godsend to your mum even if she doesn’t realise. I have a ghost sister too and we both live the other side of the country to mum and dad. If I lived nearer to mum and dad I know I’d be sucked into doing everything and it would have killed my marriage, but being far away means I’...
Hi I wonder if anyone might be able to help me. My parents sorted out LPAs in 2015. I put the correspondence away and didn’t really look into it at the time. I assumed that in the paperwork I would have everything I needed. It was an ‘Estate planning’ partnership that dealt with it and mum and dad h...
Thank you both.

The LPA was registered so I’ll take a look at the link.

Neither of my parents have been diagnosed with dementia or any problems with mental capacity, this is all very new.

Until now mum has been the brains of the outfit and dad does the ‘doing’.

Thanks for being here

x
Hi everyone I’m Liz and I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I’m so sorry that this is so long. **Warning: very long post! Summary - long distance care of 2 parents with differing care needs which have suddenly changed and increased. I live in Kent and my elderly parents live in South Wa...