[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Please please do not give up work as it gives you independence, and money if you should lose your partner, as how would you cope financially? You are a long way from State Pension Age. My husband is 82 and I am 60 and I REALLY regret not keeping a career going. I will never be articulate enough to e...
Henrietta I agree animals are diamonds and true friends. I would say my cats helped me from falling into clinical depression quite a few times. I have to get up to take care of them and also to eat properly and do my best to stay healthy. I also try to count my blessings as I do have relatively good...
Thinking of you BB and yes, it is another battle that you do not need right now. I do so hope that you can at least get the money refunded.
Reading - everything and anything. I use the library request system for £1 it is possible to get the latest books soon after they are published. I also use ebay and amazon. I chair a Book Club and we have a 'swap and share' at the end of the meetings and I use that too. Cats ! They are my best frien...
Hi Polly You do sound very stressed and exhausted. Caring is so very lonely and isolating. Do you have a local Carers Group? If you cannot get to meetings, there may be an option to have a telephone befriender. They have often been carers themselves and do understand. I can relate to your feelings f...
Joanne your father sounds just like my 82 year old husband. I totally agree with Charles you have to try and take some control back for your own mental health and your husband's. You do sound as if you have been seriously mislead by your brother. I would echo going out for a few hours and taking 'co...
Is there any way you could see your GP and explain how you are struggling?. It does sound as if you should not be trying to care for your difficult bullying father frankly. Do not mean to sound harsh but it is YOUR home, and he is the guest. Can you get him to go home writing to his GP, and saying t...
Micheal I have indoor cats who are totally my world so leaving not an option. Sorry but NO WAY am I leaving my home and my cats. If that means my fear of my husband means I may not be acting in his best interests, risk I am prepared to take. I have written to his GP stating this - we are at differen...
Thanks Charles and Michael. Yes I will call Monday, and progress. Michael I do have a Carers befriender BUT husband is a very difficult controlling man 23 years my senior, so it is very difficult to talk honestly as husband is always there. He is even jealous of me having a befriender as he says he ...
Can I please get some opinions on this situation from fellow carers please? My medically non compliant difficult 82 year old husband had a thorax scan on 21st December partially due to his worsening cough including coughing up pink stained sputum. We duly chased the Surgery as we basically wanted a ...