[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Susan, I've been pulled straight back in. Changing phone numbers isn't an option, ignoring phonecalls has only meant my children get called, which I can't allow to happen. Mum got taken back into hospital due to her heart racing. After years of abusing medication she is now officially Ill and req...
Hi Helena, My emotions are all over the place. I have so much anger regarding my mum's behaviour both towards her treatment of Dad and I. I realise I need to get over this as it's not healthy, I just simply don't know how to. I tried speaking with my Mum last November when her attention seeking beha...
Bowlingbun, you have hit the nail on the head with helicopter family members. My husband and I have done more than anyone, everyone else sat back and maybe made a phonecall that ticked their box as job done. Despite reaching out many times for help from siblings , non came, just comments on how heav...
I have had a very long conversation with her doctor who have simply handed out strong prescription drugs without question. They have now put a marker on her records. I will email them to explain I have withdrawn all carer support- I can't tell you what I relief this feels. It won't be easy as I say ...
The issue we have is this behaviour of over medicating is a behaviour she's had all her adult life - she will take four paracetamol because in her words 2 don't have any effect, it's simply what she does and always has. I agree with your point in capacity as that was my point with her mental health ...
It's been a while since my last post and losing my beloved Dad. At the time this forum was a massive support, especially dealing with an abusive Mum who made all our lives a living hell and was difficult beyond belief whilst Dad was ill. She was abusive to carers, one of which was her lifelong child...
Hi Linda, I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. I know from experience how draining emotionally and physically to deal with a selfish parent. My Mum has always been demanding and verbally abusive, more so when caring for my Dad who sadly passed away in July. This situation cannot continue ...
Hi Paul, I lost my Dad in July after 2 1/2 years of illness. My Mum was his carer with me helping out. I worried about how my Mum would cope without Dad and I've got to say it's not easy. I have not had a great relationship with my Mum due to her behaviour towards me and and others during my Dad's i...
Hi everyone, I posted on here a few weeks back about the problems I was having with my Mum and her behaviour. Mum and I have never had the easiest of relationships and when Dad became ill a couple of years ago this went downhill fast. From day one Mum has been verbally abusive, name calling, telling...