[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi, A very difficult situation and you do have to think of your own mental health. Personally, I would write to Social Services and your mum's GP expressing your concerns (same letter). Her GP may well refuse to deal with you but they would read a letter. I had to do this myself to get my mum's GP ...
Hi Angela You don't say how far away you are from them geographically? Or what their living arrangements are, do they live in their own home that they have been in for a number of years, since they were more able? My experience of social services in the London Borough where my mother lives and my l...
I am not happy about no one being in touch with mum, he has managed to totally isolate her from everyone, and that is setting my alarm bells ringing. It's a very difficult situation, and if anything horrible should happen, you don't want to end up blaming yourself for not having done more. Is the d...
Hello, Angela. I am inclined to agree with Thara; it sounds as though you have done all you can. However I can understand why you are unhappy with this situation and perhaps feel helpless. You say your stepfather is controlling. Is he controlling to your mum, or anyone in particular, or to everyone...
Hi Angela, welcome to the forum. It sounds like a tricky situation. Just some suggestions; Are you in contact with the your Stepfather's children - the one he is still talking to might be able to let you know how they are. If you are worried, then you could contact social services safeguarding team...
Hello I know that you might not like to read this but I think that you have done all that you can. Is there anyone else who can help or not? Hello To be honest I think that's what I do want to read. My sister talks to them twice a week and my stepfather speaks to her, whereas before all this he nev...

Hi

I'm new to the forum. My mum is 83 and has Alzheimer's and she lives with my 93 year old stepfather (who I'm sure has some form of dementia). It's a long story but the relationship between us has completely broken down due to my stepfather's unreasonable and controlling behaviour. He has fallen out ...