[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Well we had a telephone dementia test on Monday. I was told he scored 10/39 so not good I presume. The Memory Clinic guy will now pass on the info to the consultant for a formal diagnosis which we will hear by phone next week. He spoke about Alzheimer’s and Vascular dementia. My poor hubby was very ...
That was exactly how I felt after seeing the GP and he diagnosed dementia. A strange relief that I want imagining it all. Unfortunately, although he asked if we had any questions, I couldn’t think of a single one.
What are my hopes and fears? Hmmm. I want my hubby to be happy. I worry that he will become anxious and frightened or depressed. He is such a kind loving person and I would hate to lose that part of him. My brain tells me he will deteriorate and may have to end up in a home but I hope that won’t be ...
Life is strange but throughout our lives we somehow have been steered In the right direction. About 18 months ago, after hubbies heart surgery, we sold our house and moved into a lovely little retirement flat just 100 yards from my daughter. We have lovely neighbours and family support. Life would h...
When he had his latest stroke last year we were given a lot of assistance by the Stroke Association and fortunately have the P of A’s, Blue Badge, Attendance Allowance and Council Tax sorted out.
I have had a rather bizarre evening. A week ago our GP assessed my hubby and told us he has dementia. Hubby since then has not mentioned the visit and seems quite happy with life. I found it difficult to accept that he had completely forgotten all about the visit and diagnosis. However, this evening...
My hubby will be 73 this month and I am 66. He has had numerous strokes, 4 last year, the last in June 2019. Since then we seem to have balanced his meds so things have settled down. Physically he’s not bad and when the weather is cooler we manage good walks. I have POA for finance and medical altho...
Today I am sad. I have suspected for quite a while that my poor husband has vascular dementia. Today the doctor very kindly came to our house and carried out an initial test. Poor hubby hardly got a single thing right. Did not know the year, month or day. Could not count backwards or remember the 3 ...
Hey Kittymommy I don’t have answers but want to say how helpful I have found it to just read this forum and know we are not alone. There’s many a night that I’ve lain in bed and the forum keeps me company while sleep eludes me. I know you will do what you need to do but don’t be afraid to ask for he...
Thanks so much for all the comments and advice. It’s comforting to know I’m not alone in this and to speak to people who understand.