[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Welcome to the Forum , its a safe place to share your concerns and get some help Im sorry that you are experiencing the delay in getting the help that you and your father so desperately need . Its a shame but nowadays you have to be 'assertive' and follow things up or things can get lost in the syst...
Welcome to the Forum, you will find help and support for others who are going through similar feelings of isolation and loneliness .If you are comfortable telephoning or emailing Carers UK, they may be able to offer you further support and advice in relation to: Benefits and financial support Your r...
How is everyone today? Did you see the drama on TV called 'Help ', what did you think of it?
It was quite difficult to watch, but I thought that Jodie Comer was fantastic . She is, of course, better known as in Killing Eve!
this world of being a carer takes some getting ones head round! Attendance Allowance is not means-tested, and you could get help with filling in the form. It's important that you stress the very worst that happens or needs to be done, and as he has caring needs at night, you may be eligible for the ...
I think you know what you have to do, but plucking up the courage to do it is another matter. The previous poster gave some excellent advice about how to get started. The thing that really made me angry about your situation is that you sleep on the sofa while Sir has a bedroom. This sounds like this...
I am so sorry you find yourself in this terrible dilemma. I would contact Social Services for a Carers Assessment, but also you could tell them about his threatening behaviour to you and the children. This is a Safeguarding issue and if you mention that word they will have to take some action. He ha...
Hello and welcome to the Forum. My husband is 87 and has Alzheimer's disease and I am his carer. Dementia is a journey that is unique to every individual some progress more quickly than others . My husband has been diagnosed for 3 years but showing signs longer than that. He does still know me. I ma...
Hello I sense you are in distress because of your partner's alcohol dependence and the benefits issue while being very important is just one issue. You say that he is in a cycle of drinking and trying to not drink which is typical of someone who is ambivalent about wanting to stop. Is he getting any...
I agree the changes to your house do sound drastic., and may well affect the value of your property if they are permanent. carers 4 times a day two at a time will be very expensive for the Council. Are you self funding? I know people who the council have refused to fund this as a care home can work ...