[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Pauline I've not been on the site for ages as I'm having very similar issues to you with my own daughter and my own mental health took a nose dive. I look after my husband and son too and it's hard enough but my daughter sadly has suffered too. She self harmed during the first lockdown and pro...
Hi Lesley. Just wanted to reiterate what the other posters have said and offer support. It's not just that you DESERVE a life of your own and everything it has to offer but you are ENTITLED to it! You are not under any obligation to care, nor are you duty bound to care. I use the acronym J.A.D.E. So...
Just realised OP was from 2018!
Hi Kay01_1808 I relate so much to what you're saying as my husband had a severe stroke 3 years ago at age 45 with about 70% of his left hemisphere affected. So it is still early days for you and you're adjusting to this huge change. I understand the grieving you described and that will be a process ...
Hi Angelina My husband is a stroke survivor too and so in the early days I would recommend you seek help wherever you can! I don't know how old your mum is, or the kind of stroke she has had but if she is home she should be entitled to some community neuro rehab. My husband got physio, occupational ...
Hello Helen I have had experience with a relative with a personality disorder and I got invaluable information and insight from the website "out of the fog" They have information, tools and advice and a forum which was very helpful for me at the time. Here is a link you might find helpful but the we...
Hi Lee I too am a carer to my spouse so I understand the strain you're under. My husband had a massive stroke out of nowhere at 45 years old. This was over two and half years ago and I have slowly gone through grieving my old life. This process has helped me though. Like people say to you take one d...
You're welcome Carole.🤗
I'll go over to the members corner and chat some more there. Hope to catch up there.
I am new so need to explore the forum too.
Xx
Hi Carole Hope you are holding up ok. My husband also had a craniectomy and then had a cranioplasty. Do you know when yours might have his operation? My husband had inpatient rehab and then community rehab. Is anyone giving you any advice over the phone or video calling you? Does he need any specifi...
Hi Carole I have recently joined the forum too and like you care for my husband, as well as my daughter and diabetic son. My husband has a brain injury from a stroke in 2017. He is aphasic and has right-sided paralysis. He had 7 and half months in hospital and it is a huge change suddenly finding yo...