[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
The ‘Not disabled enough/ill enough’ is a very common response. It’s awful. Basically they are waiting until our children are seriously harming themselves before they’ll do anything. I remember ringing camhs crisis team many years ago, saying child was out of control,screaming, throwing things,teari...
Hi Nic, Sorry it’s taken me so long to reply, things been particularly difficult here. Good to see you have other offers of support though 😊 I recognise everything you’re saying & I know how important a break is, I have a week away booked for next month, still haven’t found the courage to tell my ch...
Hi, I care for a daughter in early 20’s, obviously been through teen years. Single parent also. Not sure how much help I can be, but happy to chat to you. I do know how hard it is & how no-one understands unless they’ve been there. Happy to talk here or message me anytime. I can’t promise a quick re...
Honestly, don’t know about the Power of Attorney, maybe ring Alzheimer’s Society? This bit will sound bad but, if your mother’s main concern is saving money, perhaps telling her that if she doesn’t accept carers her husband will have to go in residential care may give her a nudge. Do they have a Soc...
I’ll share 2 if I may. When my ptsd was very bad I really struggled with supermarkets, panic would be unbearable. I was advised that once I got to the end of each aisle, go & look at the exit & remind myself I can just leave at any time. When being treated for my ptsd more recently, it was noticed t...
Oh vent away, I’ve done it many times, you have to have somewhere you can do it. Caring for someone with dementia can be extremely frustrating, just when you think you’ve got things sorted, another problem pops up & it’s all change. If there are any practical aspects you’re struggling with, feel fre...
It’s perfectly normal. Always that feeling of “I could have done more”. Mam had dementia for 10 years, her last 18 months were in a wonderful care home. Difficult for all initially, but it wasn’t long before it became clear it was the best place for her. Although well physically, she required 24 hou...
Thanks for the replies, appreciate it
X
Hi, it’s been a while. In brief, living with & looking after my adult child with bpd, suspected autism & adhd, sensory issues, gad, ocd, health anxiety & more. Also some genuine physical ailments. Also taking care of v elderly father who now lives alone & has dementia. He’s still able to function so...
I understand & have gone through everything you have talked about & more. I am the parent of an adult child with bpd & many other disorders. I won’t say too much here, think It needs it’s own thread. But if you need an understanding ear, message me.
Take care