[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Honestly, don’t know about the Power of Attorney, maybe ring Alzheimer’s Society? This bit will sound bad but, if your mother’s main concern is saving money, perhaps telling her that if she doesn’t accept carers her husband will have to go in residential care may give her a nudge. Do they have a Soc...
I’ll share 2 if I may. When my ptsd was very bad I really struggled with supermarkets, panic would be unbearable. I was advised that once I got to the end of each aisle, go & look at the exit & remind myself I can just leave at any time. When being treated for my ptsd more recently, it was noticed t...
Oh vent away, I’ve done it many times, you have to have somewhere you can do it. Caring for someone with dementia can be extremely frustrating, just when you think you’ve got things sorted, another problem pops up & it’s all change. If there are any practical aspects you’re struggling with, feel fre...
It’s perfectly normal. Always that feeling of “I could have done more”. Mam had dementia for 10 years, her last 18 months were in a wonderful care home. Difficult for all initially, but it wasn’t long before it became clear it was the best place for her. Although well physically, she required 24 hou...
Thanks for the replies, appreciate it
X
Hi, it’s been a while. In brief, living with & looking after my adult child with bpd, suspected autism & adhd, sensory issues, gad, ocd, health anxiety & more. Also some genuine physical ailments. Also taking care of v elderly father who now lives alone & has dementia. He’s still able to function so...
I understand & have gone through everything you have talked about & more. I am the parent of an adult child with bpd & many other disorders. I won’t say too much here, think It needs it’s own thread. But if you need an understanding ear, message me.
Take care
David4 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:04 pm
Good luck Karen. The more I've posted here the less I've felt the overwhelming need to cry that was really getting the better of me again about 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Best wishes, David
I hope things are still a little better for you
X
I have very great sympathy with you here Karen: I can identify with the simple need to cry. Occasionally, when I feel it's safe to do so, I'll retreat to my room and listen to a song from the past. If I'm lucky(!) the tears will come and I'll feel just that bit of relief I needed. I know our situat...
Hi, a quick reply ‘cos it’s late and I’m tired.
What you’ve posted is very familiar. Adult Daughter with BPD, assessed for autism age 9, told autistic traits only. Sensory issues, friendship problems etc.
Will try & reply further tomorrow, in the meantime, if you want to dm me, feel free
Take care
X