[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I have very great sympathy with you here Karen: I can identify with the simple need to cry. Occasionally, when I feel it's safe to do so, I'll retreat to my room and listen to a song from the past. If I'm lucky(!) the tears will come and I'll feel just that bit of relief I needed. I know our situat...
Hi, a quick reply ‘cos it’s late and I’m tired.
What you’ve posted is very familiar. Adult Daughter with BPD, assessed for autism age 9, told autistic traits only. Sensory issues, friendship problems etc.
Will try & reply further tomorrow, in the meantime, if you want to dm me, feel free
Take care
X
Another rant/vent. I am struggling so much right now. One of the worst things? It’s coming up to the 1st anniversary of my mam’s death. It’s really hard & she’s been on my mind so much lately, I miss her terribly. I don’t care that she had Alzheimer’s for 10 years, I don’t care that she was in a hom...
This is just me venting so no need to respond & it will probably be long. It’s 6am & I haven’t been to bed yet . Daughter haS had problems with benefits. Seems to have been sorted in last few days, phone calls & texts, but no letter of confirmation yet so she is panicking. Been a really rough few da...
PS. I’m still struggling with the death of my mother, 1 year anniversary coming up, so I understand how it impacts everything else
X
Oh my, so much all at once.
I’m so sorry I have no advice but I hear you, I know what it’s like to be overwhelmed with problems.
It all just seems too much & it’s b****y hard.
I hope someone can help more than me, in the meantime, take care of yourself
X
My mam made me promise never to put her in a home, a promise I intended to keep. But, as previously said, it becomes about what they need, not what they, or anyone else, wants. If it’s any consolation, mam was extremely well looked after in the care home & although not at the same stage, we witnesse...
I’m sorry, this is obviously a horrendous time for you. I’m afraid I have no experience of manic episodes, but your wife saying she wanted a divorce did remind me of something. Different illness, but my mam had dementia & went through a phase where she was convinced dad was having an affair, bear in...
That's a heart breaking situation. I really don't know what to say, but couldn't ignore your message. The only way out is to help herself, but from what you describe she is too ill to be able to do that? The NHS can do miraculous things with physical problems, but still can't do much for the brain....
Have you recorded her crying all day? I did a lot of crying after my husband died, of course, it's hugely draining. Surely she can have some medication to help her? It must be tearing you apart to listen to her, I'm sure you feel like having a good howl too?! I’m sorry, your husband’s death must ha...