[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi I like the enablement thing. I think it's hard to admit that some of the stuff I'm doing might be unhelpful long term, but it's definitely true. I guess I feel like we're making progress, but more than anything your talk of enablement and support has given me a bit of a drive because I know I can...
Hello everyone, thanks again for taking the time to reply to this post, sorry I didn't manage to get back to you sooner. So I think I should clarify, for the record, the only reason my partner did slightly better than me in exams is because she was taking less so had less to fail. We're both doing d...
Hello everyone. https://www.carersuk.org/forum/specific-disabilities-and-conditions/mental-health/being-a-carer-at-uni-24962 update from here. Things have not been going amazingly really. Recently, I think I broke a little and became unable to deal with this situation. A situation occurred in which ...
Thanks so much, I'll be in touch :)
Hi Steph, By failing to disclose our feelings and struggles to them, we are reinforcing their own negative view of themselves. This is a very good sentence. I think you're right really, how can I expect her to keep me involved in her side of things if I'm not talking about my side of things. I guess...
Hello Everyone, I've been really busy doing work but thanks again for all the time you've taken out to try and help me here! :) Firstly I feel like I haven't made the background to this situation completely clear and so I'm going to go on a rant to hopefully make my relationship with my partner and ...
What do your parents say about this? Do they know you are struggling with all of this? My parents know that I have a lot of responsibilities and issues at the moment (and can probably work out some of it), but I've left out exact details in respect of my partners privacy (imagine going round to you...
Thanks for that reply Elaine, it means a lot to me to be taken seriously here. You have given me a lot to think about and look into. I think really the help we need comes under the emotional and medical. As much as there are practicality issues at times, I think I'm dealing with them. Emotionally I ...
Hi Elaine I appreciate your post and I can see what you're saying. I am very aware that in even 5 years time I could be completely over my partner, but that doesn't mean I should run away from this. If in this post I had been describing my partner as a close friend and housemate, I feel people would...
In the long run, however intense the feelings of protectiveness that you have for your partner, you must also learn how to stand back with some detachment, to avoid being sucked under, and that is the toughest job for every carer on this forum, one we have all faced, and one where we often fail. We...