[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I haven't had a day of in over 500 days. Real carers are full in. Often we don't have any choice.
Sadly Pam its not all shiny stars for Mum, so you're not alone. Today we had the call I've been dreading , Mum hates one carer and the agency still insist on sending her once a week. How friendly girl chat one night goes to screaming and shouting, me being scared that Mum is going to lash out at thi...
I have to say the Admin from the NHS needs to be changed. I used to get two letters reminding me of my appointment, a text and a phone call. I've never missed an appointment in my life and I found it demeaning.. The letter quoted how many Millions the NHS lost because of missed appointments. If some...
Good carers are miracle workers. Today while Mum was sat on her commode we were engaging in a conversation about love. Mum joined in to the point I had to remind the carers they had gone past the 30 minutes and were going to be late for the next call. Four girls talking about love, the carers didn't...
I just feel terribly betrayed. I quit my job when I was reasonably healthy, since then my health has gone down hill to the point every step I take is painful while trying to take care of an elderly person with physical and mental illnesses. The only benefit I have ever claimed is Carers allowance. S...
The two visits went surprisingly well. When the carer walked into the room at tea time, Mum did her usual screaming of abuse, but then settled down and was calm for the rest of the call. The bed time call was even better, no abuse from Mum at all and she even had a conversation with the Carer she no...
Mum has a rota of probably about 12 carers. Some she sees all the time, others maybe once a month. She has taken a dislike to one carer, to the point Mum screams abuse at her the second she walks in the room. Mum is fine with all her other carers. The agency know about this, it is upsetting for Mum ...
If you know me. I care for my Mum full time. She has carers in four times a day. I've noticed more and more some carers are wearing the face mask over the mouth without covering the nose....I complained, but still one carer is failing to comply.... Why wear a mask if you're not going to do it proper...
Can I play Devils Advocate, You started the post saying you were an "accidental carer" asking for help. Since your first post, you seem to be, not only a primary carer, but also full time door stop for your friend???? How is work going, and family life since you made this decision? You should claim ...
Thank you so much, you have no idea how helpful the links were.

I was seriously starting to think we were haunted, although deep down I knew it was the dementia...