[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Dean Great letter covering a lot of concerns that we have as carers at this time. Susieq wrote on another thread that carers uk are also contacting government to ask for clarification which is really good. Hope we all get some answers soon. I am so glad we are all able to speak to each other on here.
It feels like they are ignoring the fact that there are different groups at risk. Diabetics are at a higher risk amongst other conditions but not hearing any protection measures for people suffering from these. I know it is complex but it is feels like making it up as we go along at the moment. Just...
Thanks so much for your replies! I have only just seen them. Thara, good to meet you! not much support really at the moment but this forum has already been really helpful. It is difficult for us all with the social restrictions isn’t it. Usually family would be able to help but they are unable to vi...
Exactly the point susieq. I thought one of the reasons that supermarkets had the time slots for older people and other vulnerable groups so they could access what they needed before other people stripped shelves. Yes partner is on PIP and I took his letter along with my carers allowance letter but t...
Londonbound, Agree it does need sorting out. So confusing and worrying. I ended up going to local coop but it is a small shop so not ideal for weekly shop so would have to do a few trips a week therefore more risk of contracting virus and passing it to the people we care for. I wonder if it is possi...
Michael,

Thank you! I have emailed the CEO and hopefully will get clarification about the issue. It really does seem that disabled people are being overlooked as being vulnerable at this time and I don’t understand why.
Susieq, Many thanks! That is very helpful and appreciated. I will email him directly. I tried to find out how to contact Sainsbury online but it kept telling me page not available. I will post any information regarding the response from the CEO.

Thanks

Take care
X
Yes it is very frustrating especially when Sainsbury have information on there website that clearly states carers are included in priority shopping slot. I tried showing the manager my carers allowance form but she just kept telling me I needed to go with NHS staff ( I explained I was not NHS or Soc...
Hi I am a carer for my housebound disabled partner. He has mobility issues along with other conditions. I would like to say hello to everyone on here and look forward to speaking to people who understand what it is like being a carer.

Thanks

Ella
Hello all! New on here! I too am a carer for a housebound disabled person and I was refused entry into Sainsbury this morning at allotted time ( according to their website vulnerable, disabled and carers can shop between 0800 and 0900). Very upsetting and embarrassing being turned away. I had my car...