[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Ann, Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing how hard it is for you in providing care for your partner. It really sounds like it is hard for you at the moment to get any time for yourself. It's great that you've got some hobbies and that you love to bake. I found when I was looking after both my...
Hi Danielle, Firstly, welcome to the forum. It's fantastic that you have been supporting your neighbour and are concerned about her wellbeing. This really is an issue of "client/patient" confidentiality. Unless your neighbour explicitly states that she wants to know where she is and allows you to vi...
Hi Jo, Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing. You certainly have a lot going on with your husband at the moment. It is clearly tough trying to deal with his BPD, particulalry when he is being cruel to you and that you have kids to look after. Have you talked to your local mental health team to...
Katherine, It sounds like a really difificult situation. I am in a similar situation with my eldest daugher who has borderline personality disroder and previously looking after my mum who suffered from bi-polar. The guilt of not supporting them and leaving the house can be totally overwhleming. Over...
Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate and you are doing everything you can for your brothers. With respect to you being your brothers full-time carer as per the previous message you should get a care assessment for him and ensure he (and you) get support. You ill also need to have breaks and ho...
It sounds really tough for you at the moment. Having looked after my dad who had Alzheimers and my disabled mum, I really undersgtand the dilemma that you are facing. If you can't get him into a care home as you state then the next best thing which I can see you've looked at, is to increase the anmo...
Hi Pollyana, It's amazing what you've done and are doing for your daughter. I had a similar situation with my daughter going into supported accomodation. The difference was that she was already living in the area. The main person who helped with her application and support was her .key social worker...
Hi Mike, great to have you join the forum. Love to waffle with you and share experiences. I cared for both my parents who have now passed away and I am now caring for my duaghter. It can be really tough and lonley at times and this is a great place to share and off-load. How are you doing at the mom...
Hi Mike, welcome to the forim. I care for my trans daughter who has suffered from schizo affective disorder for many years. It has been an awful roller coaster of extreme issues from self harm, suicide attempts, self harm, living ont he street, spells in prison and over 30 Sections. She is now livin...
Hi Caroline, Losing a parent is a really tough time. I recently lost both my parents and I cared for both fo them. I learnt after losing my dad first that invovling, recruiting and getting help from family and friends wherever possible (and circumstances permitting) helps with the grieving process a...