[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
Hi, I'm sorry I always seem to have questions and no answers. I've been helping my dad care for my mum for about 3 years. I stay over one night a week so my dad can get a full nights sleep. I also go on Mondays for 4 hours so dad can go to a club and another 4 hours on a Friday. I also call in most ...
Thanks for all your replies. I will Google about signs of dying. Some days I'm surprised she's still here. She eats almost nothing now. She's always loved cups of tea and since yesterday she just asks for water. We still give her tea but she says she'll have it later and even though we prompt her sh...
Thanks for your reply. Money is the least issue. I'm more concerned about what is going to happen. I know that me and dad have nothing wrong. I'm worried she'll be taken away against all our wishes, including mum's.
Hi, I could really do with some advice. I've been caring for my mum with my dad for around 7 years. Dad is a lot younger than mum and is 80 whereas mum is 92. Back in March, mum was diagnosed with cancer. They think its probably bowel cancer but because she is frail they will not do any investigatio...
Thanks. They already claim attendance allowance. They've had problems in the past with people they don't know stealing from them so they are not too happy about having people they don't know in the house. Think dad also worries that he will be judged. Mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 4 years ago, ...
HI, I've just found this board. I'm in my early 50s and my mum is 92 nad my dad is 81. Dad is still in great health and is my mum's main carer. However, its really getting on top of him. My mum is doubly incontinent and the smell is horrendous. She no longer washes herself and has to be prompted to ...