[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
When looking at homes in England, you need to ask "Do you accept residents funded by NHS Continuing Healthcare"? OR Do you accept residents who are funded by the local council? (in my case, that's Hampshire) Most homes charge one rate to self funded patients, and a much lower rate for CHC or LA res...
George, where was mum living until recently? I'm near Southampton, so know nothing about the differences when living in Scotland, but here if you have dementia, it counts as "severe mental impairment" and therefore mum would be exempt from Council Tax since the diagnosis of dementia. It's one of th...
Hello George. I would pay no attention whatsoever to the carehome site you mention. My Mum was in a home for 8 months which was spotlessly clean and the staff seemed friendly at first but as the weeks went on it became obvious that the staff were not interested, the residents were left to their own...
I have helped a lot of people find a home. Firstly, you need to decide who is going to pay. In England, if someone has over £23,000 and/or owns a house, they are classed as "Self Funding" UNLESS They are very sick, in which case the NHS will pay under the NHS Continuing Healthcare scheme, With deme...
When I was looking at homes for mum, I asked myself "would I be happy here?". Is it clean, are the staff friendly, does the food look and smell nice? When you go first, make an appointment to talk to the Matron/Manager. The second visit should be unannounced, just before meal time. Are residents he...
Hello, I am trying to find a good home for my mother who has Parkinsons and dementia in Edinburgh. She spent 6 weeks in a place of our choosing which was great, but they said because of her good mobility but balance issues, she needs more one on one support and would cost a lot more than the already...
If she needs one to one care, and keeps falling, before you don anything else, ask for her to be assessed for NHS Continuing Healthcare, which would give FREE care IF she qualified. However, even if she doesn't, it gives an important benchmark which will help to show any future deterioration, which...
Hi there, My mother has Parkinsons and Parkinson's dementia and a while ago we found a lovely nursing home that she went to for respite, which we extended indefinitely (6 weeks now) to see how she settled in. All was good until recently, as the nursing home say that they feel she needs somewhere whe...
I am a carer for my mother who has Parkinsons and more recently Parkinson's dementia. We are in Scotland, and we are reaching a stage where she will probably need to go into long term care and we are thinking about starting with a period of respite. However, last year a cpn who started visiting seem...
I think it's far too early to be able to say George - it's going to take a few days for his plans to be made clear and, even then. there are going to be questions raised before Parliament votes on his proposals and they become (or not !) law. It does seem likely that his proposals will reflect, in ...