[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My mum kept feeling sorry for herself when at 87 she couldn't do a lot of things. I had to point out that she was lucky to know her grandchildren and her great grandchildren, that she was paying the price for a long life. My husband died at 58, he never even got to meet his beautiful grandson. Than...
This will be a worrying time for you, but, as with my mum, I kept a check on things and decided that if she was not a danger to herself or others, then the happy little mum-world she lived in was ok. I live next door to her and am her full time carer so I can keep an close eye on her. I also cannot...
It's time she gave up driving. Do you have Power of Attorney? Vital now. While she can still remember, bring together all her financial details into one place. Thank you. Yes, we recently got the LPA (both health and finances). We're monitoring her driving. Amazingly, she's still a better driver th...
My mum is doing amazingly well at 97, still lives at home by herself, and still drives! Her short-term memory has really gone in the last 6 - 9 months. Hopefully it won’t get too bad. My mum is typical of the WW2 generation and doesn’t make a fuss about things. But I can tell she’s getting more conc...
[Many thanks, susieq, I'll definitely follow that up! :) quote=susieq post_id=437484 time=1606896202 user_id=469] I'd suggest that ideally your Mum needs a referral to your local Falls Clinic or Physiotherapy Department where they would be able to assess her and be able to advise on suitable exercis...
Hi, Any exercise tips to help prevent falls? My mum lives alone at 97, so she's doing really well. She says her legs are getting more wobbly so she's having to hold onto furniture more. We have grab rails and two zimmer frames. My question is whether there are very simple exercises she could do to s...
Thank you for all the replies and information. Update: Unfortunately, despite my best attempts, my mum says she doesn't want to go down the route of seeing her GP for a referral to neurology. The hassle of getting to the relevant department at the hospital, waiting etc... She said she will make anot...
Many thanks for all the helpful replies.
I'll talk to my mum and hope she agrees to see her G.P. again.
I'll definitely report back as to progress. :)
sunnydisposition wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:51 pm
I agree g.p. visit and referral to neurology.
Thank you.
Sorry, I just edited my post to say she has also been to her GP (more than once), but no answers or solutions.
Broostine93 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:32 am
I agree with BB- this sounds remarkably like a neurological issue. Please get it checked by the doctor.
Thank you.
Sorry, I just edited my post to say she has also been to her GP (more than once), but no answers or solutions.