[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I'm sorry to hear that your mother has passed away and condolences on your loss. My brother and I have just been through this after our Aunt died in January. We had Power of Attorney but as bowlingbun said, that lapses as soon as the person dies so is no longer relevant. As our Aunt's bank account b...
Although I agree completely that staying immobile is terribly harmful (I've had two major operations in the last 18 months and the staff have encouraged me to mobilise as soon as I possibly could, even when I was in intensive care for 8 days I could transfer to an armchair at the side of my bed and ...
I would echo what others have said about getting the POA sorted out without delay. My brother and I have recently obtained POA to allow us to manage our aunt's finances (we did it ourselves without a solicitor) and it took nearly 3 months from the application being submitted until the POA was regist...
Thank you, I have told him (having read that very useful advice on the forum many times before) that neither of us has any legal responsibility to provide care for her, and cannot be forced to do so. He says he will not bow to any pressure to do that as he must put the needs of his own family first ...
The problem is, though, what would happen if my aunt either refused to co-operate with a needs assessment (if she recovers from this episode, she is more than likely to refuse to speak to anybody from social services, she has done it before) or just tells them she can continue to cope on her own at ...
Thank you very much for all the information - sounds good on paper, doesn't it, but I know from reading on the forum about the dreadful struggles many carers have that the reality of what is on offer rarely matches up. I feel a little reassured after speaking to my brother again this morning. One of...
Good morning. I have been reading your excellent forum for some time and hope some of you may be able to offer advice to help my brother and I. By way of background - our aunt is now 95 and lives alone in the house she inherited from her parents (she never married and has no children). The house, in...