[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Agreed, it's so sad but it's the only way you can have some life of your own. In future, be sure to take your phone if you see him, and use it to record what he is saying to you. Is there a possibility that he's mentally frail now, or has he always been nasty? He has always been nasty, it became mo...
Thanks everyone, my dad will just have to manage on his own. He said some awful things to me yesterday and accused me of "trying to take everything from him to leave him penniless". For the record I have no access to any of his money. Everything I have done has been for his benefit and not mine. He ...
My dad had a major stroke last year and spent three months in hospital, he came out in January and has had carers three times a day since then. He has lost the use of one hand and struggles to walk as one of his legs has been effected by the stroke. Last week dad commented saying he thought the care...
My dad had a major stroke 5 months ago and spent 3 months in hospital. He has no other immediate family, only me. My dad has always been selfish and lazy but when I got to around 18 he started being really nasty to me. I always had a great relationship with my mum but it got to the point where my da...
Thanks guys, he went to the respite place in the end. I spent half of NYE driving about collecting his belongings from the hospital and taking them to the care home. But it's all done now and he is in there until friday when his care package can start at home. I was already thinking about counsellin...
According to my dads doctors he was ready for discharge just before Christmas. The two things holding up him leaving was that his new sheltered housing flat wasn't ready to move into and his care package isn't in place until 3rd January. The hospital said last week they were going to move dad to a c...
He has pull cords throughout the flat and a fall detect device that goes on his wrist.

Thanks for the advice and reassurance everyone. X
Dad will be having carers several times a day upon discharge from hospital, he doesn't think he will need them though, in his eyes he is fine. I don't want to come across as selfish, I looked after my mum when she was diagnosed with cancer but my relationship with my mum was different to the situati...
I'm not sure if I can carry on with how things are, not in a suicidal way before anyone thinks the worst. My dad who is 68 had a major stroke three months ago and is due to come out of hospital in the next few days. I have no family to help out as my mum died five years ago and I am an only child. B...