[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I'm so sorry to hear that, but sadly not surprised. Sister and I had nightmare that lasted about 10 years with our father (vascular dementia), in 'homes'.
Thanks Bowlingbun.

Best,
GS
Thanks Ingrid - trying now. Edited to say : I did get through, but unfortunately as I was explaining I was cut off. I'm trying again, and will try again in the morning if I can't get through again this evening. Thanks again for helping, @Ingrid Carers Uk - I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. ...
Hi all, I posted a couple of weeks ago to ask about our entitlement to a care plan for my elderly relly who is on the cusp of being discharged from hospital. Thank you again to all who helped. My sister and I have LPA - both types. Our relative has dementia and I think we all agree that ATM she does...
Thank you very much indeed - very much appreciated.

Best, GS
HI all, My elderly relative (87) is about to be dischared from hospital to a transitional place, to see whether she can be helped to regain her mobility so we can know whether she can come home. I have two questions. First, are we entitled to a copy of the care plan? I think we are (we have Lasting ...
My sister and I have decided today to cancel our aunt’s home care with effect from tomorrow. She’s 86 and frail, and still recovering from a shoulder replacement. My sister has no spleen and so is also particularly vulnerable. She’s going to move in with my aunt for as long as is necessary. The plan...
Is nursing training now too focussed on technology, not enough about personal care? I certainly think so. My parents were both trained nurses (met while training in the late 50s). Nursing was then a vocation and the main emphasis was on provision of personal care with kindness and efficiency, even ...
Discussing with my sister this morning, she’s pointed out my aunt has her pads prescribed specifically because earlier in the year she was given a diagnosis of nocturnal polyurea (I.e. she makes and expels most of her pee overnight). It wasn’t easy to get the diagnosis but we persisted. Hopefully th...
Finally we got my aunt’s two forms completed and signed off yesterday. Can’t describe the relief! Will post them off today.