[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Alan! £2400 per month is a ridiculous amount of money for the services provided. Especially since you are saying they are barely existent. Is this only Monday to Friday? Or every day? For the same amount of money, you could even get live-in care for her. I hired an amazing Filipino carer for my g...
Hey Kerry! Sorry to hear about what you're going through. I feel like everyone up here offered some great advice on how to deal with this sensitive situation. Does your mum get private carers? What sort of care does she receive? I do agree that you need to do some research, definitely get in touch w...
I can relate with pretty much all the points raised above. Even though I was not looking after my grandmother full-time, i was there almost every day. It got too much, both for me and my mum. We were exhausted, both mentally and physically. I finally convinced her to get a private carer for her afte...
First of all, welcome. I am fairly new myself. What I have to say is YOU ARE NOT SELFISH! I have experienced the so-called "carer guilt" myself when I was caring for my grandmother (now she has a carer who comes at home). What I can say is that it is normal to feel this way. I think every carer goes...
So true... How can you look after others if you can't look after yourself?
Hi, Natasha! God... you are doing so much. I completely understand how you are feeling. I don't know how old you are, but until recently my family and I have been looking after our grandma who is suffering from dementia. (I am 33 and it was dificult for me to juggle my career and visiting after work...
Hi there! I'm very new here too. Just scouring the web for advice. I have been looking after my grandma for almost 3 years together with my family. But only recently we managed to get carers for her. I'm not as actively involved anymore, as I have an office job and a partner at home. But I figured t...
I have been a carer for a couple of years for my grandparents in junction with my family, but finally we came together and hired private carers. We've done extensive research for months on end until we found some services which really helpedd us, so maybe enlisting the services of private carers wil...
Hi! I'm new here, but I read your story. So sorry to hear... I've read multiple sad carer stories. I've not experienced it so bad myself. About the vitamin D deficiency, one of my friends just started taking supplements and it helped her. She maintains a healthy lifestyle too. So I guess this helps.