[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello Anna, I’m in a similar situation I totally understand how you feel, My husband had a massive stroke last year he’s very disabled needs 24 hour care I’ve been his carer not as long as you but it feels like a life time with no support whatsoever, if I’m totally honest my marriage was only an exi...
Peter I totally understand it’s so horrible a life changing experience such a quick blow, I’m 53 my husband is 63 he had a really severe stroke last year I’m his full time carer parent as you put it it’s horrible, no help very isolated I exactly know were you are coming from x
Hello,
Yes exactly it really does help, it’s a proper lonely place to be
Peter, please don’t feel selfish your not on your own I feel just the same, and yes we are not allowed to grieve no one to open up and totally be honest with, it’s lovely to be able to talk to you all, your all so very strong and experienced at caring, thanks so much for advice I am going to look in...
Hello,
Thanks so much for listening and your replies, wow I’ve never thought on the angle of me not being able to do it, can I ask how do you get someone in just to do jobs like gardening and how much does it cost?
Morning Bowlington, Thanks for your reply, my husband and I decided we didn’t want a care package, strangers coming in and out of our home and lives, so I gave up my job to look after him, I’ve a good routine now got it off to a fine art as they say, he’s got eight siblings which never phone or call...
Hi Bowlington, No I get no time off, given my full time job up to look after my husband he can’t do anything for himself apart from eat his food if I cut it up for him. I totally understand you Peter I often feel guilty for feeling like I can’t do this , but then I just kinda get a grip and carry on...
Hi Peter,
I know exactly how you feel, my husband had a massive stroke last year, I’m now his full time carer, it’s horrible, next to no improvement, I find this forum very helpful keep strong
Bless you Sue, my heart goes out to you ,I’m caring for my very disabled husband he had a massive stroke last year and what your going through is constantly on my mind my biggest fear, keep strong love, this forum’s brilliant, plenty of good advice and lovely people, also the carers helpline are ama...
Hello Neil, I lost my mum it’s coming up to two years in October, I totally understand, it’s the worst feeling in the world, I was totally lost when she passed, numb , cried buckets but baby steps and I got stronger, still miss her like mad but my tears have dried up if you know what I mean, only ad...