[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I thought I'd start this as light relief, Mum has a carer who is always late and walks through the door with a ready made excuse. She once pulled up at our house dead on time at 7 O'clock, I told Mum she was here. She sat in her car for 20 minutes clearly eating. She came through the front door and ...
Ayjay is spot on about the fees, £20 an hour for this kind of service is standard. Sadly less than half goes to the actual carers themselves.. My main complaint would be the need for Mum to have double up calls, I'm told its for Health and Safety, yet whenever it suits the agency they only send one ...
Things improved for a while, I'm scared about annoying the agency as they were the only ones in the area capable of taking on four doubles ups a day, the only alternative is a nursing home for Mum which neither of us want. Today Mums morning call lasted 13 minutes, which is unacceptable, was given l...
My Mum is self funding, every month I have to pick up the phone and pay around £2400 on Mums card. I realised a long time ago I'm not getting any inheritance.. I complained and the manager said that from now on Mum would get 10 minutes on the commode every call, it worked for one day, now the carers...
If your caree is willing to support you financially it is doable, otherwise don't even consider it.
Even if your caree is supportive financially, once they pass away you will be left homeless.

Its a tough choice to make, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Mum has been with the same care agency for nearly 11 months now. She can't walk and needs a stand aid to put her onto the commode. She pays for four double calls a day, 2 carers to spend 30 minutes a day with her. As Mum is self funding she pays around £2400 a month. I've noticed recently when I've ...
I had the scare of my life today, Mum has a tickly cough and has been sucking strepsils. Mum had her usual pill at 6:30 which she swallows, then asked for a strepsil which she proceeded to pick up her drink put in her mouth and try to swallow. I screamed so loud I think the entire street heard, DON'...
I would say NO, especially someone who can't spell dementia.

I wouldn't want you within a mile of my Mum..
I live in a bungalow with my MUM, who is disabled and cannot walk so is totally dependant on me and her carers. Mum was diagnosed with vascular dementia over two years ago and her actions are getting more and more erratic. I'm doing my best to keep normality, but Mum just wants me to stay with her a...
Your Uncle sounds like he needs serious help. I'm guessing he has lost his money tree (Granddad) and now has to fend for himself. Don't call the police, just tell this sick man his gravy train is over and if you ever see him again there will be serious consequences and he will spend two years in jai...