[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
Hi Rachel,

I was with my Father on two occasions when he was detained under the Mental Health Act.

How are you today? I hope you're able to get out and sit in the sunshine today.
Thanks for asking, Melly1. I didn't see any comments as pressure, no worries, just felt it was important to point out that some of us are unable to be vaccinated because of medical reasons, not because we're afraid to have it. It's a common misunderstanding. Unfortunately, I ended up with inflammati...
I'm all for the vaccination, but I think we should remember that for some of us it doesn't involve "choice." I'm allergic to one of the components in Pfizer and was given A-Z. Unfortunately, my immune system over-reacted to A-Z and and caused three auto-immune conditions that I suffer from to flare....
No, they won't accept a home conducted test. I had to take a test today, even though I'd already had one elsewhere earier in the morning and I was meeting my Aunt outdoors in the garden. I'm glad they're minimising risk for my Aunt and the other residents, but considering I'm shielding at home it do...
Hi Melly, Thanks for your reply. I'd advise anyone who's having difficulty with access for visits to look at the Government guidelines for residents rights to have an EC. It's a basic human given. You've made a good point about the LFT being a reassurance, and I'm very used to them. They are a boon....
After weeks of discussion, my aunt’s care home has agreed that she can have me as an EC. She’s moved hundreds of miles from home and I’m her only regular visitor as well as her POA. Obviously I want to comply with all infection controls. However they are insisting I have an LFT test on a daily basis...
My Aunt had to be admitted to hospital, and although she has dementia, I was told that she did not have the right to be supported by family because of Covid restrictions. The family was told that she would be allowed 1 visit per day. At the first visit I could see that she was no longer drinking and...
Thanks, bowlingbun. The line's been busy but someone's taken my number for a call back.
Thanks for your replies. NB-2009 and bowlingbun. I requested a Needs Assessment for my Aunt and the social worker says the local authorities here in Scotland and down in England will match the funding for personal care. But her health has deteriorated since I last posted and now she's under the care...
Excellent advice here from Bowling Bun. My Aunt was given an unsafe discharge from hospital back in March at the start of the pandemic and she now needs residential care. Because I was only given 5 hours notice that she was being discharged, I moved my household hundreds of miles to support her in h...