[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
This just shows how dire out health and social care system is and government ministers and local councils need to wake up and put more investment in to services instead of trying to do things on the cheap and cutting back essentials. We have been running on minimum services for so long that it’s som...
Just been advised today, care home not allowing visitors as a precaution for 2 weeks minimum, (starting from tomorrow), although no suspected Corona virus cases there yet. Fully appreciate they are trying to protect vulnerable older people and difficult decisions have to be made. However the thought...
Hi, Bowlingbun, No, I don’t pay towards care home directly. It’s all the indirect things like extra travel and we shared some household expenses, as we lived together, which is difficult now as I only work part time. However, mum pays a significant amount towards her fees, which I know is standard p...
Hi Bowlingbun, I was wondering if anyone has seen any info re the UK primary care transformation plan, which is becoming more widespread in Scotland now, with major changes taking place across all sectors. Yet I don’t see much on TV or media about the changes which will impact on all of us, many of ...
Hi Louise, i’m fairly new to the forum too, but had a similar situation a few months ago when my 84 year old mum had a nasty fall and was sent home from hospital with inadequate pain relief and lack of care in place. I had to contact the GP and insist on a home visit and also the emergency Duty soci...
Yes, financial assessment since June when I provided all the evidence and forms yet remains ongoing- and I had to submit more updated bank statements in Sept still no confirmation and no correspondence and that’s the hard bit. If you at least got an acknowledgement letter and a reasonable time scale...
Thanks bowlingbun, your experience with social services sounds awful and it’s so sad that it all comes down to money and bureaucracy instead of having some compassion for what people are going through. No-one wants to put their relative into care unless all options have failed, but it feels like you...
Hi bowlingbun, thanks for your reply. I am 57, single parent to teenage daughter. I gave up my house over 10 years ago to move in with mum to support her and for past 5 years have provided intensive support, giving up work on occasions and then trying to work part time.Recently I had an ongoing temp...
Hi thara, thanks for asking. Ongoing waiting for news re funding and house situation. Went to workshop for carers run by Lifechanges Trust, followed by a conference event with other Carers and health and social care plus third sector - all openly discussing how to improve the system. Great for netwo...
Thanks Marie and thara x