Hi Thara, It hasn’t come to care home yet, other than respite care, and that was just one week. As you can imagine my dad is other enthralled about going back. Training, I fear, is bare minimum. My dad, even through his limited cognitive capacity can tell, these people are ‘scraped off the dole queu...
Thank you for the warm welcome bowling bun and thira. So, my dad fell of the roof in 2016, two days after he turned 64. He survived with spinal cord injury at T6/L1, severe communicating hydrocephalus, and significant cognitive impairment. He has, however been assessed as having capacity to make his...
I agree. I once reported a carer to the office several times for putting my life in danger and on her phone or shirking when she was not supposed to. Can you report or not? This was just one of a list of things... The result: The care company withdrawing themselves from my dad’s contract! Reported ...
Has anybody actually changed anything through escalating complaints? Is it worthwhile, do you end up getting the care plan you are entitled to?
I think thats great! But my reality of this: Nobody is available to cover my dad’s basic personal care needs, let alone give my mum the four hour weekly break she has been entitled to take since she began caring for my dad 3 years ago. And then it must have slipped the elusive creature - social work...
In my experience, care agency workers find ways to beat the system. My dad was supposed to receive one hour forty five minutes care per day. He was lucky to get 10 minutes. Quite often I would bump into his carers in the local cafe stuffing their fat faces with cake when they were supposed to be hel...
Yes everyone involved. On third OT. Lacks experience imo. Doesn’t have a clue about how to toilet someone with spinal cord injury and knows even less about equipment available for carers with disabilities. (Mum has osteoporosis and arthritis and has Very limited dexterity.) Shed now has an array of ...
So, I can probably do only enough to challenge the authorities responsible for my dad’s particular case and it probably won’t go far enough.

What organised movement is happening that is really going to make an impact uk wide?
THr money is there they say, we just don’t have enough carers to deliver the legislation...wtf??
Well it is almost bonfire night 🔥🔥🔥

I am angry about this Chris. I want social services to stop failing people.