Thanks Denis, for your advice on cruises. My partner mobilises with a stick, but distances are a problem and he does use a wheelchair sometimes. The only way to find out is to do it!
Lisa, You must stay with your child and family, this is something that mum and dad need to sort out though. A bit more information would help. How old are your parents? 55 mum & 59 dad How much care does mum now need? She needs help walking going to toilet extra getting in and out of bed Has dad al...
My first thought was what's the date, is it April? My second, so the elderly in care homes, many of whom have dementia and are already confused at best, can no longer have the human touch? My mom is one of those people. £34m? Better spent towards setting up proper training and a qualification and be...
You're welcome Denis. We found it via the Stroke Association's very useful information booklets. We're yet to book another trip, but it will be our go to. As you mention cruises, we had a cruise booked in April, which we unfortunately had to cancel. For someone with limited mobility, loss of functi...
You're welcome Denis. We found it via the Stroke Association's very useful information booklets. We're yet to book another trip, but it will be our go to. As you mention cruises, we had a cruise booked in April, which we unfortunately had to cancel. For someone with limited mobility, loss of functio...
Hello Denis, Recently we used a website called Good Access Guide, to find an accessible place to stay. My partner had a stroke in February and it was our first trip away for a few nights to see how we coped. We stayed on a farm in Somerset, they had a set of purpose built rooms with wet rooms large ...
Hello Chris, This is of concern to me, my Dad is a Walsall resident. Although right now he does not need personal care calls, it is likely to not be too many more months before he will do. His stubbornness in accepting any help at all will lead him down that path. I had no idea that this was going o...
Hello Lynda, I understand how this feels. 6 years of parental difficulties, most recently with my very difficult Dad losing the opportunity of reablement because he would not help them assess his needs. We as a family have come to the end of our tethers and have withdrawn care support formally. I ha...
Hello Angela, Your story sounds so much like mine. It's really interesting how you say your Mother does not want the warden in 'looking at how we cope'. They are not coping and are desperately trying to avoid being 'carted off', which is what my Dad says to me constantly. My parents would never get ...
21 April