Thanks for your replies. This is all about a future and what it might entail, so all conjecture at the moment. As for seeing my dad struggle, it’s the last thing we want, which is why my brother and I have already given up chunks of our lives over the last few years to help them both. He needs more ...
Okay, after managing to bring it up with my dad, she is on an LA plan which relies on my dad being there.
Thanks for your reply. She is in receipt of CHC funding as this funds the carers visits 4-times a day. What I don’t know is whether the decision that she could be looked after at home was based on my dad being there to care for her or whether they think she can be left home alone in between carer vi...
Hi all, I’m new to the forum today. A bit of background: Four years ago, my mum had multiple severe strokes. She was discharged to a nursing home where her care was funded. She made some progress meaning that my dad fought for her to come home. When her continuing healthcare assessment came, they sa...