[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Trudy, well done for taking time out each day to look after your skin. It's amazing how many things that non carers take for granted, we as carers call a luxury! Add ringing the counsellor to the very top of your list, of things to do when you get a spare few minutes. Information re a Carer's As...
When did you last have a Carers Assessment? Have you been given a Carers Budget? I use a home beautician about once a month, much better at home so you can relax afterwards. I have my eyebrows and lashes tinted, so no need for mascara, and odd bits of waxing. A facial for my birthday, and before I ...
Well, that's a start Trudy. :) Don't lose momentum - why not make a list of things to do when you are able to snatch an hour. Melly1 That's a really good idea, I will give that a try. Since starting this thread Ive taken to having an hour pampering myself, I hadn't realised how much I had neglected...
leah_1902 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:42 pm
How are you today?
I'm doing a little better thanks. I've been managing to stick to an hour to myself without any distractions. I even managed to finish reading a book I started over a year ago!
Why couldn't you? No one is indispensable, if you went into hospital suddenly then they would all have to manage without you. What do you think might happen when you didn't have it? If I ended up in hospital they'd be phoning to see when I was coming home lol The last time I switched my phone off w...
Maybe practice leaving the phone behind? They would all have to manage somehow without you if you were ill yourself, or worse! I couldn't really do that, but I have been choosy in who I answer texts and calls to. I have just managed an hours reading and it's been great! Thank you for your advice.
À home massage is one of my special tests, or a facial. Then you CANNOT stop half way through for ANYONE! Cheaper than a salon treatment too. How about a trip to the hairdresser? Again, no one, not even you can sabotage this me time. I really do need a haircut and to ignore my phone a bit more. I u...
This is going to be a hard one to change the habit of and I don't know your specific circumstances, but I read recently that you should put that time aside for yourself and stick to it. So, you dedicate 1 hour to yourself. If someone calls you in that time, ignore it until after the hour is up. (Ob...
I think you're right. I have an appointment to see my GP on Thursday and I'm going to mention it to him, my mental health took a knock recently and I think it's all part of it.
I get everything done, it's just that when it comes to looking after me it feels alien and you can guarantee that if I do pick up a book or get my writing things out someone needs something or phones so I've got into the frame of mind of 'why bother' and I end up waiting for people to need something...