[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Dear All, Thank you so much for all your responses. Delayed in responding as it has been a busy month. An early spring cleaning is necessary. My brother is 50 years old. Despite improving health, physically able with limited communication, he cannot read or write. I do all the finance, medical, you ...
Thanks G Fraser_1612 especially with the additional information. It would be good to get someone knowledgeable on the phone within the Carers Allowance department instead of someone who may be reading the script or who is unsure. Extremely busy with loads of things happening at the same time. It doe...
Dear All, I hear about power of attorney many times. Does anyone have more information about this? I recently contacted my GP practice it was mentioned in relation my sibling who I care for. I'm already an appointee in regards to benefits. Does this needs to be drawn up officially by a solicitor. Un...
Hi All, I really do hope everyone is keeping as well as they can. After a change of circumstance I contacted the Carers Allowance benefits department. They immediately suspended payment. Change of circumstance was back to how it was before and CA was reinstated. I did not expect any backpayment ( an...
Hi Melly1 and everyone else, Well my brother contacted covid early this month and he is asymptomatic. The fact that he had been there for some time did not make it easier for me. He was admitted without covid. I kind of lost it and sent an email (in 2 parts after talking to my sister) to PALS. I am ...
Hi Ingrid, Thanks for the invite. Just booked. Still navigating my way on the forum. This appears the only way I could reply. Erolly Hi Enrolly Welcome to our forum. I know you've been a member for a while, so you might already know about our weekly care for a cuppa meetups. We hold them every Monda...
Hi Melly1 The nurses are thickening his drink at the moment. However he did have the odd biscuit the other day. That is an improvement and now he is been transferred to a hospital nearer home. The clinical team are happy with his progress most importantly his heart. Now the next step is nutrition, w...
Hi Melly1 Just an update. My brother is improving. He had a pacemaker fitted. He is a little tired and weak but I am not surprised with all that has happened to him. I am so proud of him considering it has been scary (new environment, different people etc). He is eating, well the consistency is like...
Melly1

Thanks again. So easy to forget about the benefits situation when a lot is happening.

Erolly
Melly1 Yes, prior to the pandemic and recently with reduced services he attended an autism service centre. He did a variety of activities there. You have just reminded me of social stories which what they did if he was to have respite or to go away on breaks away. It was so useful. Thanks again I wi...