[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I'm a carer for my elderly mum. I have eyesight problems so I had to stop driving 2 years ago. I've managed ok so far by doing my grocery shopping online. But now all the online grocery slots are taken. I can walk to my local supermarket with my basket on wheels but the shelves are empty. I'm in my...
Samantha I had this all the time with my Mum; she recognised me as "Sue" but not her daughter "Sue". I was frequently told "You'll have to leave now my daughter is due home from work anytime" along with "my daughter works in Bahrain" - where she got that one from heaven only knows, probably saw a p...
Thank you for you so much for your kind reply Pet66, you obviously have been through it as well, you are soooo right it is hard and I fear it is going to get harder, I too am a hopeless fibber and am likely to red, but I suppose for peace sake and to avoid arguments I will have to learn to play alon...
Hi Please excuse this but I just need to vent, I am so upset at the mo, as me and my mother just had a argument this morning, which was upsetting, I am almost glad when I am a work, is that bad? She came downstairs and asked me if I had seen Sam and when I said no that was that so ok there. I know y...
Hello Samantha It's very kind of you to rely to Tracey's posts, but this an old topic (started in 2016) and Tracey hasn't revisited the forum since January 2017 so I think it's unlikely she will see your reply. regards Susieq Forum Moderator :blush: Oh I I’didn’t even notice, I just came across thi...
I'm new to all this dealing with mental illness with a caree. My mum has driven me insane today, repeating herself, telling me I'm wrong when I tell her she didn't do something last night, and when I told her she had her skirt on inside out. She's gone to bed now not very happy that I'm 'treating h...
Hi Kate you are dead right about it being hard and lonely, although a year ago, I discovered meet ups, where all sorts or events are held where the idea is to make friends, so I took the plunge and went to one alone and I meet so many people, my motivation was that I was so fed up of having no frien...
Hi Yes my mother has had a urinary test Pet66, thank you for checking I as I wouldn't of known that she has it in November/December as she was feeling slightly under the weather, but that came back clear, she also had all the blood tests done and they came back clear also, it was a bit of a mystery....
My lovely husband had vascular dementia. I found it best not to argue, because he genuinely believed what he was saying was true.In his mind it was. To argue just causes distress to you both. Why not try saying something like ok, but I do care about you very much? Distraction is a way too. Can I ge...
Hi Sam, that's a difficult one, you can't win. I'll leave others with more experience of dementia to give advice. However, your mum needs an assessment asap to see if the fall has caused anything significant. If so, she might just be able to claim for all her future care on her travel insurance, bu...