[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Damn!! Yes you are right, there is that aspect of things Melly, and as I would be out at work nearly all day I would be worrying this might happen, so thats that idea gone out the window 🤨 Hi Samantha, If your Mum loves cats and tripping over it isn't an issue - then yes its a good idea, especially...
Hi alI Lately I have been thinking about adopting a cat, we adopted a cat from Celia Hammond before and had him for many years before he had to sadly be put down, but some years have passed since then and as you may know from previous posts, I am a part time carer to my mother, well since my last po...
Hello again, Samantha. Thanks for your detailed replies. We have a clearer picture now. It is great that you are receiving good advice from many sources. Your mum So it seems that your mum is able to look after herself physically but appreciates company. A visiting carer could be a friendly visitor...
wow! Thank you Jane, I will definitely read that, as yes it is hard at times, trying to juggle work, being a carer and taking time out for myself. I just feel a bit overwhelmed at times, as what with my brother over the other side of the world, and my sister not being much help, its down to me, anyw...
Hello, Samantha. I have read the AgingCare web page, recommended by Sunnydisposition. Thought it is American, it is all very relevant to the situation in the UK. I don't recommend you give up your job, unless you are near normal retirement age anyway. It seems to me that worry about your Mum is imp...
The current situation cannot continue. You know very well that you are a capable woman capable of holding down a good position. You need to keep your job. That is "non negotiable" . How old are you? Will you inherit the house, or is it rented? The intolerable stress you are under is caused by mum. ...
Hi I am the sole 'carer' to my elderly mother who has been diagnosed with underlying Dementia for now, I say for now as she is due to go for a Brain Scan on the 6th November as requested by our doctor so more can be known, anyway I digress, I am a general office assistant for a private Tax company, ...
If mum had an account in her own name with £24,000 in it, that would all count as mum's. If it's a joint account, then only £12,000 counts as mum's. It's the difference between getting a lot of care funded by SSD, and getting no care funded!! When mum dies, then it all becomes yours automatically, ...
Great that you have a JOINT account with mum, as that means that only half of it is considered to be mum's! My mum and I had one too, after she kept losing her pass book. Social Services didn't like the fact that it was joint, but there wasn't a thing they could do about it!!! I think it's time you...
Unfortunately, health and social services don't talk to each other!! In effect, you are now "parenting" your mum. YOU are now in charge, because without you, mum wouldn't be able to manage in her own home without your support. Help may be available from other places, but it depends on the answers t...