[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
If mum had an account in her own name with £24,000 in it, that would all count as mum's. If it's a joint account, then only £12,000 counts as mum's. It's the difference between getting a lot of care funded by SSD, and getting no care funded!! When mum dies, then it all becomes yours automatically, ...
Great that you have a JOINT account with mum, as that means that only half of it is considered to be mum's! My mum and I had one too, after she kept losing her pass book. Social Services didn't like the fact that it was joint, but there wasn't a thing they could do about it!!! I think it's time you...
Unfortunately, health and social services don't talk to each other!! In effect, you are now "parenting" your mum. YOU are now in charge, because without you, mum wouldn't be able to manage in her own home without your support. Help may be available from other places, but it depends on the answers t...
You need to introduce someone else into your life, a carer, or nurse, or domestic so that you get some rest when you are at home. When did you last have a carers assessment from Social Services? When did mum last have a Needs Assessment from SSD? I think she used to have a nurse come around in 2016...
The idea of someone using your parking spot and mowing your lawn in return seems appealing too. That crossed my mind too. Melly1 That's a idea :idea: hmmmm, as sometimes if I don't put the bins across our parking bay, I do that as I got fed up of people just parking there what I was at work!! and m...
Samantha, get rid of the garden! When I was disabled that was what I had to do. All the borders were emptied via Freecycle, and turned to lawn, which my sons mow for me. I KNOW it's not what you or mum want, but it's the only answer. Even better, have it slabbed. Your health and wellbeing is far mo...
I know this is not the usual place but I did't know who to ask and I love this forum, its gave me much needed advice at times and I do not now if anyone will b able to help, but here I go. As some of you might know I am on here due to being in the position of a carer to my mother who had a unfortuna...
Good day, Sam. It is not uncommon for people with dementia to talk about deceased relatives as though they are still alive. I endorse the points made by Ayjay and Pet66. I have had to deal with this myself. One additional suggestion that I have found works well. If they mention a deceased relative,...
Hi all its Samantha again My mother keeps lying down throughout the day, thank god although I feel bad when I think that, but when she comes down I get questions, questions, questions, that now I have gone along with but its getting a bit much, I am working from home at the moment so its a nice dist...
Hi again BowlingBun You talk about my mother being Exempt from Council Tax because of he impairment, I will prob email them regarding this, but do you need to show proof of this, like a doctors note or something? Sam It's great that you have a joint account, may not be worth worrying about a POA, un...