[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi everybody My mother is now settled into a care home but she has now been moved to a nursing unit, but as she had the care homes tv in her room it is needed elsewhere, I want to take a DAB radio to put in her room, this will probably be good for her as at times she likes a sing-a-long, music is al...
Hi Samantha, These things always seem to happen at a weekend! Which adds to the stress. Do not pay the bill. Your savings and earnings are not taken into account. Does your Mum own her house? Melly1 Hi Melly Yes it was quite frustrating, no this is a rented property in Joint names, so that doesn't ...
Samantha, you shouldn't be paying for her care. She definitely needs a financial assessment and that will decide if her care is free or she needs to contribute to the cost or pay all of it. This information may be helpful to you https://www.ageuk.org.uk/search/?q=paying+for+residential+care Carers ...
Hi I need some advice ladies and gentleman, of who to speak too regarding why I haven't been properly assessed? I got in from work today, only to find a letter addressed to me and my mother, it turned out to be from her care home, an invoice!!, bit of a shock to say the least, as I thought you were ...
bowlingbun wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:22 pm
Tell them now. Any "change of circumstances" should be reported asap.
Then you will have to wait and see if anything changes, and when.
Then you will probably have to contact them again.
Ok thanks for confirming x
I'm afraid the DWP letters can be very tactless, after mum died the way they demanded return of the unpaid pension was dreadful! They need to know about any "changes in circumstances" so yes, be sure to tell them. Here is my very "rough guide". As always, the CUK helpline will be happy to give you ...
I'm afraid the DWP letters can be very tactless, after mum died the way they demanded return of the unpaid pension was dreadful! They need to know about any "changes in circumstances" so yes, be sure to tell them. Here is my very "rough guide". As always, the CUK helpline will be happy to give you ...
I had to sell mum's house to pay for her care. Tried really hard to get Continuing Healthcare, definitely should have qualified as she had 28 different health issues, couldn't even roll over in bed. Sadly, I realised I was on the verge of a breakdown and just had to give up battling for CHC for the...
If its a joint account, half counts as mum's. My mum and I had a joint account, it was all her disability benefit going in, but I could spend it if I needed to (long story) so grudgingly only half was counted as hers when the council assessed her. So she qualified for subsidised carers at home rath...
Hi guys Its been a while since I have been on here, so I thought I would just pop on to ask your invaluable information. On the beginning of this month, my mother went into respite care on the premise of turning long term , as things came to a head so much so that I could no longer cope, so this rea...