[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Please talk to your GP about how you are feeling, you need help and support. I am thinking of you and hope things get better for you. There is also Signpost who support carers and they may be able to help you.
Best wishes and stay strong as you sound like a really good person.
Martin
Hello Chris I look after my Dad who had a stroke last year, there is so much to do looking after him and you lose yourself a lot in practically living their life. I understand how you feel regarding the little time you get to yourself and there has been a lot of days when I feel like just leaving. I...
Thank you all so much for your replies, I really appreciate it. I’m meeting my dads social worker on the ward this afternoon so she can assess dad and then see what happens. Thank you all once again.
Thanks Leah for your reply, my dad is 86, he spent 3 days in stroke unit before being sent home. He then fell and spent 2 weeks in stroke recovery ward. He was home for 2 weeks and making really good progress when the UTI got him, he is now on the Acute Medical Ward. The Hospital are talking about d...
Hello 3 weeks ago my dad had a stroke but had been making really good progress, Friday I noticed blood in his urine and after dialling 111 and a visit from the Emergency Doctor he was admitted to Hospital. He spent 26 hours in A@E on a trolly as there was no beds available, during this time he was p...
Dad got discharged Friday night because the physio team said he was able to stand with a frame and walk a few feet. Friday night he fell out of bed, banged his head and fractured his hip. He is now back on the stroke ward in the Hospital. I phoned social services this morning and they are now aware ...
Dear Melly1 My dads speech and understanding have been affected, he is able to eat and drink ok. I phoned his GP today and waiting for Dr to call me back. Have had nothing from hospital but a vague it will be a couple of weeks for the speech therapy but nothing about physio. I am going up hospital t...
Thank you all so much for your kind advice and messages, it has been a horrible day so forgive me if I don’t make much sense. My dad was very upset and confused tonight in hospital, I broke down and had to come home. The physio team want to discharge him tomorrow or Saturday but there is still no ca...
Hello, I have been looking after my dad who is 87 for 9 years and Tuesday morning he had a stroke, before the stroke he was housebound with very limited mobility and eyesight. Yesterday just 1 day after being admitted to hospital they want to send him home. I am not well and have various health prob...