[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I completely agree! Who is employing them, you privately, or via Social Services. There should be some basic rules for them. They should always charge their phones in their cars, not in your house. They should always talk in English, never if a foreign language. They are breaching patient confident...
Hi everyone, hope you’re all okay x As much as Homecare workers are a godsend, sometimes, just sometimes they can be more of a hindrance than a help. This isn’t a post to bash them and I’m extremely grateful but sometimes the whole system of care agency staff just induce an eye roll. It’s tiny thing...
Hi everyone - I just wanted to update everyone as I hate leaving threads unfinished. So from when I created this in September 2019, I opted for a termination. It was horrible but ultimately for the best (I still have the box bedroom in my mum’s house) Only today, on 27th Feb 2020, did my borough’s S...
Hi Jasmine Things sound really rough at the moment. You shouldn't have to make the choice between being a person in your own right or being a carer, and you shouldn't feel guilty or selfish. I presume you mum has had a needs assessment through Social Services but have you had a carer's assessment? ...
Carers Allowance ... effect on other benefits ? https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/effect-on-other-benefits Under Universal Credit ? https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-support/help-with-benefits/universal-credit ( Not an easy read ... anything involving UC is NOT easy ! ) Is CHC / ...
Hi @Melly1 , thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate it. My partner is really supportive, ideally he’d like me to keep the baby, but understands how impractical the whole situation would be and how it would take a toll on me. I will definitely try and get out a bit more, but even th...
Hi everyone, I would just like some advice/guidance please. (Sorry it’s a bit of a long read) My mother had a stroke on 22/12/2018 and it has left her with severe weakness down the left side of her body. She is 70 years old, in a housing association home that my brother and I also live in. During he...