:shock: Hi all, My first post will probably be an offloading, I'm usually OK, get on with things etc but tonight I'm tired, sad and a bit alone. If you manage to read this, thank you :) Its 3am and I'm up for about the 7th time tonight supporting my husband. He was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Dise...
Hi just joined and was wondering if anyone can help. I m 24 and gave up work a year and half ago to look after my Mother who has severe mental health problems. She requires day and night care. I made an application for carers allowance and universal credit. I get about £130 a month universal credit...
Hi Trisha, I'm sorry to hear your update. A very difficult time for you both. Has she been on morphine before? It does make some folk very nauseous. A tricky situation as she clearly needs strong painkillers. Perhaps, if this were the case, they could administer it in another form. I agree with Ros...
Hiya all sorry not yet put on on here as since last 5ime i was on my mum been in hosptail she now has a infection on her leg which is very painful for her she has been put on morfine for her pain now the doctors are saying she moght not be home any time soon she be get kept in she id vomiting with e...
MORNING ALL HOW ARE WE ALL DOING MOST OF US WILL BE CAREER FOR OUR LOVED ONES JUST NOW WELL MY MUM IN HOSPTAIL AGAIN FOR THE 4TH TIME IN 3 MONTHS ITS LIKE EVERY 2 WEEKS SHE SICK IVE BEEN TOLD DUE TO HER KIDNEY FAILURE THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN BUT THERE MUST BE SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DONE SHE GETS PALATI...
This has come up again, and here is my take on the rules on caring and working: basically the rules are there but they have some major loopholes as long as you read them carefully: All forms of respite, including sports or dance classes, are an allowable deduction, on the grounds that they constitu...
Hello, I have been looking after my dad who is 87 for 9 years and Tuesday morning he had a stroke, before the stroke he was housebound with very limited mobility and eyesight. Yesterday just 1 day after being admitted to hospital they want to send him home. I am not well and have various health pro...
Hiya all again just a quick one i think my mum seems to be ok but she is hardly eating at all ive asked nurse amd doctor what can i do or can they help her with they drinks the doctor gives patience that dont eat he said that he wouldnt do unless she was lossing weight i said here wait hosptail and ...
Hi Trisha, It’s such a hard time which I, along with many others here, have been through. I empathise. One thing which I remember well was that I had been told, or read, that when someone actually dies then they stop breathing with their chest and their diaphragm/belly area takes over for a short t...
Good evening all this is just me sat down this min from looking after my mum awe day i got call from my GP telling mw i need to take vutaminr d tablets for next 3 months and ive to go for my diabetic review but ontop of all that i am totally exhausted i am that over tired im no sleeping my mum sleep...