[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Michael,

I am caring in Wales. Welcome to the forum.
I find it helps me to read other people's stories.
Mum owns her own home. I live close by as does one sister. Our other sister lives 130 miles away. 2 of us are retired.When we are 'on duty' we leave our own homes and families and move in to mum's house. Duty is usually 2 weeks (one sister is working so does weekends). Mum's strokes mean that she ha...
Thank you for your reply. The situation is that my other 2 sisters are adamant that mum will not go into a nursing home and to be fair we all do our share. They are just better at it than me. Mum does get AA yes. She has savings and I've never heard of continuing health care. After reading some of t...
I think you are a kind and loving person. You are drained and exhausted. Guilt is part and parcel of being a carer it seems to me. I can relate to your feeling that you want to scream and that you feel resentful and at breaking point. Can you get any respite? Your dad must meet you half way and agre...
Our 91 mother had always been independent and active. However 2 years ago a stroke and a fall meant she could no longer live alone. A nursing home was out of the question and mum doesn't want strangers caring for her, just us. My two sisters and I have had to leave our homes and give up a major part...