[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My partner is on income-related ESA (support group) and enhanced PIP and standard mobility. I receive Carer's Allowance. These are the only benefits we receive. Are we entitled to Council Tax reduction?

Thanks
bowlingbun wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:15 pm
I think you've missed the point of my message.
You may not have any choice, a move may trigger a benefit review, as it did for my son.
Sorry, of course. I suppose if it happens, it happens.
When my son moved home a few years ago, a new address meant a whole new claim for IS that too ages to sort out. Fortunately, I'd saved a little "nest egg" for him, so he could survive by using this. Can you afford a long time without any money? Hi mate, we are not eligible to apply for Income Suppo...
The main thing we want to know is: if we just keep things as they are (i.e. not choose to go on to UC) will just the change of address affect her current benefits in any way? Will they eventually force everyone to go on to UC regardless? No and ... most probably ... if the qualifying benefit criter...
I think it worked out where we would be around £300 worse off going on to UC than just staying as we are now. Ridiculous really, and quite complicated with all these overlapping benefit rules etc. My girlfriend currently receives over £1000 a month, I receive CA and do part-time work. UC seems to be...
Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. We have called the council and they have told us they do not accept new claims for Housing Benefit any more (save for a couple of exceptions for which we don't meet the criteria). The main thing we want to know is: if we just keep things as they are (i.e. not choose ...
My girlfriend is on Enhanced Daily Living PIP / standard mobility and income-related ESA support group. I receive Carer's Allowance for looking after her. We have both been living with her mother up until now but we are moving in to our own privately-rented house in a couple of weeks. I know you can...